Sign in to follow this  

2014 rmz vs 2013 crf450r

hey guys. I was going to take over someone's payments on a 2013 crf450r but I realized that now i can get a 2014 for the same payments or a 2013 even cheaper. but I really do love suzuki's rmz 450. anyways, I don't know a whole lot about bikes. I have a 2007 kx450f that I can handle pretty good but there is a lot more power than I *always*need. on rare occasion do I use my skill to harness all of the power of a 450. I never race, it's all just leisure trail riding and gooning. I feel a 250f isn't powerful enough for my liking, so I'm debating between the 14 rmz and 13 crf. any help would be appreciated!

If your trial riding, a 250 is all you need.  Personally though I like both bikes and both perform great.  If your trail riding you might want the older bike as its less expensive and you wont notice the small differences anyways.

Edited by Ringo25

hey guys. I was going to take over someone's payments on a 2013 crf450r but I realized that now i can get a 2014 for the same payments or a 2013 even cheaper. but I really do love suzuki's rmz 450. anyways, I don't know a whole lot about bikes. I have a 2007 kx450f that I can handle pretty good but there is a lot more power than I *always*need. on rare occasion do I use my skill to harness all of the power of a 450. I never race, it's all just leisure trail riding and gooning. I feel a 250f isn't powerful enough for my liking, so I'm debating between the 14 rmz and 13 crf. any help would be appreciated!

13 crf450r, you won't regret it but really a 250 should have heaps of power for trails

thanks guys. much appreciated! yeah that's why I'd go with the 2013 450r because I can save money and I have no need for all the latest and greatest technology right now. i just want something fuel injected! I've been on a 250f and they've loads of power for the trails but it seems like I get bored of the power where as with my 450f, running 13/52 it still scares the shit out of me which I love. sometimes a little toooo much.. but thanks for the input guys I'll definitely be thinking a lot about this over the weekend

If it was me I'd get a 13 RMZ450. The crf450 that i rode was awkward in the handling department. The 12 rmz450 i rode was the 2nd best handling 450 I've ever ridden. The difference between the 14 rmz and the 13 is a different colored number plate. So is the number plate worth another 500-1000$?

If it was me I'd get a 13 RMZ450. The crf450 that i rode was awkward in the handling department. The 12 rmz450 i rode was the 2nd best handling 450 I've ever ridden. The difference between the 14 rmz and the 13 is a different colored number plate. So is the number plate worth another 500-1000$?

I hope that's true! looks like I'm getting the 13 rmz. taxes in I will pay 10000, about 186 a month. there are no crf 450r's (2013), 2013 yzf 450f or wr 450f. not too sure if I'd consider Yamaha considering the major changes happening for 2014. I'm not a racer but if I wanted yammy I'd wait yntil next year when the 2014 are rebated. the new yzf's are absolutely beautiful in my eyes