Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport Kits not Legal in Utah

Before you spend your hard earned money and time converting your dirt bike to street legal in utah DON'T DO IT! I installed a baja designs dual sport kit on my Honda CRF230F and passed the safety inspection. Went to the DMV and they will not licence it for the street because they said the bike was not originally designed to be street legal. Utah is following california by making everything illegal. I also believe SUWA has infiltrated the utah state legislature and is behind changing the rules. Going to sell my bike. Nowhere good left to ride unless your street legal. I hope this will save you some time, money and headaches.

Edited by SUZSCCF

Before you spend your hard earned money and time converting your dirt bike to street legal in utah DON'T DO IT! I installed a baja designs dual sport kit on my Honda CRF230F and passed the safety inspection. Went to the DMV and they will not licence it for the street because they said the bike was not originally designed to be street legal. Utah is following california by making everything illegal. I also believe SUWA has infiltrated the utah state legislature and is behind changing the rules. Going to sell my bike. Nowhere good left to ride unless your street legal. I hope this will save you some time, money and headaches.

Get involved fighting SUWA!

I agree, Fighting SUWA is the only way to stop the madness but i believe they are winning the battle. I think they want us all to stay home so they can have everything to themselves. I'm done with dirt bikes and riding restrictions in this state.

I would like to retract my original statement. Dual sport kits ARE legal in utah. I went back the the DMV and was was able to license my bike for the street. I guess it all depends on who you talk to at the DMV. This may be a good time to end this thread. Thanks