Sign in to follow this  

'99 KX250 front brake lever help

Hello, I was being an idiot the other day and was unloading my buddies kx250 out of the trailer and, well... "lost my footing" and went tumbling down a hill with the bike. I ended up breaking the front brake lever so I bought a new one, no big deal, right? WRONG! Of course, It seems Kawasaki has used some real engineering geniusness  with their front brake levers.  The lever has two holes with one that pivots the lever and one that is solidly attached to the plunger, and, to make it worse, the plunger attachment seems to be pressed into the lever. Anyone have any advise?

The lever has two holes with one that pivots the lever and one that is solidly attached to the plunger, and, to make it worse, the plunger attachment seems to be pressed into the lever. Anyone have any advise?

Is there a little nut on the end of the plunger?  If so, remove the nut and it should come apart.  (My '98s are this way.)

Don't over-think this. It's the one that mounts it to the master cylinder itself. You're, apparently, looking too hard at it.