Sign in to follow this  

is this a dumb question?

why does chad reeds bike have the power bomb header in the middle of the bike right behind the front tire? Is there a power advantage or does it just look interesting?

reed-bike2-1.jpg

why does chad reeds bike have the power bomb header in the middle of the bike right behind the front tire? Is there a power advantage or does it just look interesting?

Because CRF pipes are different shapes (at least on teh 450s) I believe since they are single cam motors. At least thats the obvious difference I'm deducting from. So they move the expansion chamber to the part of the pipe which gives it the best power characteristics.

Edited by dan2581

Because CRF pipes are different shapes (at least on teh 450s) I believe since they are single cam motors. At least thats the obvious difference I'm deducting from. So they move the expansion chamber to the part of the pipe which gives it the best power characteristics.

They do it so the mass is more centralized and the muffler is tucked in more. with the bike.  The 250f is single cam as well and its conventional, ktm never did that with their single cam motors and honda just started to do it.  Pretty much to keep the tail pipe from sticking out like the other bikes.