Sign in to follow this  

My dad hits a tree during race

Last lap during a hour long race my dad came around a high speed blind corner and made the decision to hit the tree instead of the guy. Just a bruise on his forearm from the tree and a few burns on his leg is all he got. it could have been worse but glad it wasn't!

http://youtu.be/JZYT7bEuUQk?t=14m

Neil came around a fast blind corner to find someone stalled on the track and decided to hit the tree instead of the guy.

hitting the Guy would have been softer 

LOL

that could have been way worse

hitting the Guy would have been softer 

LOL

that could have been way worse

Haha true

That looked like it hurt still!  I am glad he is ok and I am glad there are some nice riders still out there that stop and ask if he is ok

That looked like it hurt still!  I am glad he is ok and I am glad there are some nice riders still out there that stop and ask if he is ok

Yeah everyone that rides there is really cool! It was really cool that they worried more about him then the race.

Is your dad sponsored by red bull?

No lol he has a 2013 factory edition ktm

Barkbusters paid for themselves that day

they  sure did, bent them up bad. we took them off when we were fixing everything and couldn't get them to go back on with out them sitting weird so he had to order a new set.... but its way better then a broken hand.

• Like 2

Wow!!! He's extremely fortunate to not have been hurt badly and you're very lucky to have a father who rides and seems to have a wonderful personality. I don't know many people who wouldn't have swore or said anything negative to an individual after causing a wreck like that. Cheers.. :goofy:

• Like 1

Wow!!! He's extremely fortunate to not have been hurt badly and you're very lucky to have a father who rides and seems to have a wonderful personality. I don't know many people who wouldn't have swore or said anything negative to an individual after causing a wreck like that. Cheers.. :goofy:

Yeah I love that he still rides when most of my friends dads just sit around and drink. he was a little aggravated when he got back to the trailer but played it off pretty good. The guy did come to apologize and a lot of people asked if he was ok so I think that was pretty cool of them.