Sign in to follow this  

Clarke stock capacity yellow tank for 05 YZ250!

Anybody have firsthand experience with this model?I should have my new UFO Yellow restyled kit tomorrow,and I want to buy this gas tank,but I understand there are some fitment issues.Enlighten me....100_0962.JPG

Anybody have firsthand experience with this model?I should have my new UFO Yellow restyled kit tomorrow,and I want to buy this gas tank,but I understand there are some fitment issues.Enlighten me....

I'm useing a Clarke stock capacity fuel tank for 06YZ. It seems not to be distinguished with for steel frame and for aluminium frame.

So it interfere a little at near the upper rear susupention mount with the difference of the frame member shape.

It does not influence fitting itself. But I processed it by heating for to make enough clearance.

However, I purchased it more than five years ago. There is a possibility that Clarke may improve it.

• Like 1

it will fit fine on a steel framed yz but here's some advice somebody gave me with regards to the alu frame fitment.  :thumbsup:

Clarke's tank looks good, but there's one minor issue. It is designed for the steel frame and rubs a bit where the sides of the frame come up and curve inward toward the top of the shock. It's nothing really major, but I used a heat gun to heat the plastic and pushed it in with a dowel. That makes the tank easier to install.

• Like 1

i thought clarke sold different rubber frame protectors to stop it i put clarke tanks on mine and it rubbed a lil nothing to worry about.

• Like 1