Noisy Exhaust on XR650L

Fellow XR650L owners,

I have installed a FMF Power bomb header & Powercore 4 exhaust. At first it was VERY loud (& I grew up w/ bikes that had Supertrapps.) I also installed the Q4 insert into exhaust & still is loud when heavy on throttle.

My question is, Does anyone know or have you had this issue & is there a simple cure? Also, is Q4 quieter than what I now have?

I have also checked my db's w/ an app on my phone & with a friends phone w/ different app & they both get 93 db's but, it is still loud & I am trekking to North woods of Wisconsin for an AMA event . Max 96db's.

I know its a big bore bike & if I still lived in Southern Ca I wouldn't worry. They like it Quiet in the woods even with Harleys running on the back roads scaring off the wild life. Lol !!!!!! :ride:

U could always Put the stock muffler back on if u still have it.

Fellow XR650L owners,

I have installed a FMF Power bomb header & Powercore 4 exhaust. At first it was VERY loud (& I grew up w/ bikes that had Supertrapps.) I also installed the Q4 insert into exhaust & still is loud when heavy on throttle.

My question is, Does anyone know or have you had this issue & is there a simple cure? Also, is Q4 quieter than what I now have?

I have also checked my db's w/ an app on my phone & with a friends phone w/ different app & they both get 93 db's but, it is still loud & I am trekking to North woods of Wisconsin for an AMA event . Max 96db's.

I know its a big bore bike & if I still lived in Southern Ca I wouldn't worry. They like it Quiet in the woods even with Harleys running on the back roads scaring off the wild life. Lol !!!!!! :ride:

There is a 1 1/8 insert for power core that will take it down a little more Q4 one is 1 3/8

Have you repacked the fiberglass recently?