2 million bikers to DC

so yeah... I joined a bunch of cruisers yesterday for the 9/11 tribute ride to/through DC :)  Met up with 2 guys riding KLR's and there where a couple sportbikes and a couple touring bikes, but we were definitely the minority (as expected).

Nevertheless... an amazing experience!

attachment.php?attachmentid=526107&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=526108&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=526109&stc=1

1174929_10151935653626804_719488410_n.jp

Pretty cool!

i could only imagine the sound level...that must have been a pretty awesome feeling to be apart of a ride that large

I bet you had goose bumps the entire ride.  I heard there were problems with permits but they did it anyway.  If you have any more pictures please share!

1174929_10151935653626804_719488410_n.jp

Interesting color....or is it the camera?  I like it though.

I imagine the sound of all those Harley's would have been LOUD !

2 or 3 is bad enough

A worthwhile tribute....... :thumbsup: ...I bet that rad fan was working over time as the pace would have been slow...?

A worthwhile tribute....... :thumbsup: ...I bet that rad fan was working over time as the pace would have been slow...?

Ok heres my unedumacated question of the day... why do lower speeds make the bike hotter than higher speeds with higher rpms? I understand the air flow thing as far as low speeds theres not much air flowing over the bike and higher speeds obviously has a better air flow... is that the reason? My thoughts are if your going faster the bike is working harder there for causing more heat... and lower speeds the bike isnt working as hard so it shoudlnt get as hot... am i right at all?

Also i bet that was cool to be a part of that ride! If i wasnt about 4 hours away i would have loved to join that ride!

Ok heres my unedumacated question of the day... why do lower speeds make the bike hotter than higher speeds with higher rpms? I understand the air flow thing as far as low speeds theres not much air flowing over the bike and higher speeds obviously has a better air flow... is that the reason? My thoughts are if your going faster the bike is working harder there for causing more heat... and lower speeds the bike isnt working as hard so it shoudlnt get as hot... am i right at all?

Also i bet that was cool to be a part of that ride! If i wasnt about 4 hours away i would have loved to join that ride!

Higher speed creates more Air flow  and water pump is pumping faster at higher rpm thus increasing water flow around the cooling system..

Higher speed creates more Air flow and water pump is pumping faster at higher rpm thus increasing water flow around the cooling system..

Makes sense thanks for the education