Ktm 300 or 525?

I am a 6'4 250lb rider. Which one is best for tight woods riding on east coast?

Obviously the 300. a 525 in the woods is a death sentence.

I think you can get into trouble on both In tight woods

Of the 2 I'd probably go 300 but I boogie all over the place on my Beta 525 RS. It works great. We have nothing but tight trails here. You're a big dude so no problem either way. I'm 6'1" 210lbs.. just dropped 20 lbs.. I feel a little quicker but when you have bulk it's has it's benefits too. I like 2 and 4 stroke. It's just what you pick.. or just get one of each. I did.  If you get a 525 get a street legal one.. You have better options and better resale.

300 and a Rekluse. Perfect bike for any place.

Get a the 300. There fun bikes!

I am a 6'4 250lb rider. Which one is best for tight woods riding on east coast?

How tight is tight? ... 

video examples? ... just depends on what you like.. 2 or 4 stroke..  both are great and you're a big dude. In the trees with the 525 it's short shifting and lugging and timing. I just had some super fun a couple of hours ago in very tight trees with my Beta 525 RS.. I had fun.. I'm still kind of buzzing on it. I ride my 2 stroke in tight stuff and love that too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I would maybe try a 450... I'm 6'3 230lbs and jumped on my buddies 300 a couple times. I am used to nice big power with my 450 and the 300 just felt to small. Your a big enough guy like myself to throw around a bigger bike. I've never ridden a 525 but I would love to.

6'4 225 here. Three honey all day long in tight woods and it isn't even close. Way more flickable, no engine breaking to wear you out, and they won't overheat nearly as bad.

Definitely the 300.

I would maybe try a 450... I'm 6'3 230lbs and jumped on my buddies 300 a couple times. I am used to nice big power with my 450 and the 300 just felt to small. Your a big enough guy like myself to throw around a bigger bike. I've never ridden a 525 but I would love to.

My 525 is mellow.. It's easy to ride...People who haven't ridden don't realize this.of course down low the 2 stroke is better and of course lighter.. In general 2 stroke is the way to go but 4 stroke power is great too just different. I use the engine braking and less foot brake.. That's why I say how tight is tight? super tight I'd go 2 stroke just regular tight between trees and it's kind of a wash.. I kind of go about the same speed with my 2t cr and my 525 and the 525 has the edge mainly because of electric start if I kill my motor. If you are going auto clutch on your 2t that's another thing too.. . If it's hard core tight and tough terrain where you will be getting off your bike at times then it's no contest to go 2 stroke. If you are on your bike riding I'd say my Beta 525 is good too.. Ktm 525? .. Guys who've owned them seem to likem.  I just have the motor and I like them too.. It's just what each person likes.. I had a great ride yesterday on my 525 and I'm going to ride it again in 10 hrs or so .... I'm looking forward to it.. I've got to say though that once in a while I need the 2 stroke braaaap!.. get one of each!!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

If you lack power you can mod cylinder for less than a $1000.00 complete with piston, rings etc.and get a bike with awesome broad power.

If the right person does the work

It can be very tame or have as big a hit as you want. I've had it done. I had two complete different cylinders done just to see the difference between them. One was almost 4stroke like just had pull all the way through. The other had usable low more mid and a lot more top end kind of like a 125 on steroids. It was an awesome combo. Two of my friends had 300's also and didn't like the engine mods, they were used to the stock power curve. But once they put seat time on it, they changed their minds.

Makes a good bike great.

Just my 2¢

Edited by ridngslikecrack