Crf 450r vs crf 250r

Hi guys I am in the market for a new bike next year. I am 14 at the time but will be 15 by the time I can buy again. At the time I am 5,9 and 155lbs. I have pretty good riding experience, I am positive that I have way more riding experience than most of the kids my age level. The thing is most of that is trail riding and riding on my track I have. As of right now I have a 05 yz 125. But the thing that makes it so I have so much riding experience is that when I come home from school and during the summer that all I do is drive so now since you know what I have experience with and I want to race at the local fair and practice on the local track which would be best and what are some pros and cons of each buying 06-10 if I can find a good deal for either. Most of riding though is trails and open fields on my farm and the track on my farm. Thanks.

Hi guys I am in the market for a new bike next year. I am 14 at the time but will be 15 by the time I can buy again. At the time I am 5,9 and 155lbs. I have pretty good riding experience, I am positive that I have way more riding experience than most of the kids my age level. The thing is most of that is trail riding and riding on my track I have. As of right now I have a 05 yz 125. But the thing that makes it so I have so much riding experience is that when I come home from school and during the summer that all I do is drive so now since you know what I have experience with and I want to race at the local fair and practice on the local track which would be best and what are some pros and cons of each buying 06-10 if I can find a good deal for either. Most of riding though is trails and open fields on my farm and the track on my farm. Thanks.

I'd say a 250 smoker or 450 thumper would be too much. When I was 14, 15 I had a 98 KX250. But for you I'd go a 125 or 250f. Keep your 125 and set up the suspension and mod it a bit

Well the thing is my bro is getting my 125 and I want a fourstroke but apparently 250f s are ticking time bombs from the beginning

I would think a 450 thumper would be too big for you. IMO i would go with a 250F. With regular maintenance it should last a while.