Baja Designs Squadron

Washington

Got a squadron and dimmer with regulator on order to try on my EXC, so I can give some first hand knowledge.  I can help you guys out with your lighting problems.

I just put a Squadron on my KTM.  Love how the light shines, not so in love with how the light mounts.  We can't seem to get it to point low enough.  The aim needs to come down a bit more, but can't really get it there.  Not impressed with how the headlight shell is about 3 inches away from the handlebars either when trying to aim the light lower.

EXC-F stock light is horrible.  I could see better strapping a head lamp to my helmet.  Keep me posted.

I just mounted one of those on nietos ktm, he says it works great in his garage

Hopefully I can iron out some of the quirks with this system when I get it.  I also ordered the dimmer box so I can use my factory hi/low switch and have hi/low beam capability.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ktmchick, mikes had the same problem, we determined that a couple longer bolts ands some spacers from Ace hardware were the fix. The lite should work well enough for any kind of hole you may flip into

I ditched the rubber straps and used zip ties through the mount holes.

Ktmchick, mikes had the same problem, we determined that a couple longer bolts ands some spacers from Ace hardware were the fix. The lite should work well enough for any kind of hole you may flip into

Hopefully this light will help me avoid the holes!  

I think I need one . Riding by my buddy's light isn't exactly easy.

Holes like this one look like simple potholes when you are riding with just the stock KTM headlight in Baja.  The only thing sticking out of this hole was my rear fender.  Fortunately, I was able to safely face plant :cripple:  on the other side of the hole and everything with the bike was okay.  Hoping to avoid situations like this during our 2014 Baja trip with the Squadron.  Lol  :ride:

313834_10200654093935968_92187619_n.jpg

I would hate to see the rabbit that made that hole..lol

I would hate to see the rabbit that made that hole..lol

Chupecabre

It's 10pm, were on the wrong coast and your playing with your hole.

i need a setup for my 2012 rmz.  is this what i want for the 24?

What you want is the 8" HID or the new high power LED set-up, like the cyclops coming out soon.  Add the cyclops solstice Helmet light and you're dialed......  

With that said, how much do you want to spend?

I am waiting for this to be delivered..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9800LM-7x-Cree-XML-T6-Led-Bicycle-Bike-Headlight-with-9600mAh-6-18650-Battery-/171123796808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d7c5eb48

I've had the Squadron as well as a 7" HID setup. The squadron puts out more light than anything I have tried, but has a hotspot unlike the HID setups. I am going to try a HID 55w projector in a few weeks, hopefully it works out well in combination with the helmet light.

Got the goods, easy to install and works great.  Puts out a ton of light and dimmer works very well too.  Very happy with this lighting system so far.  It's even survived a high speed get off already too...lol.

Well, after this years 24 hour, I am done with HIDs and stuff produced locally...

Thinking of something like Vision-X or Rigid Industries LED stuff....possibly two  6" or 10" double row light bars...want to stay below 80 watts...

Well, after this years 24 hour, I am done with HIDs and stuff produced locally...

Thinking of something like Vision-X or Rigid Industries LED stuff....possibly two  6" or 10" double row light bars...want to stay below 80 watts...

457023.jpgIf your interested in light bars for your bike you could try out the Baja Designs Onx Motorcycle Kit. The kit has a light output of 4300 lumens and only has a draw of 42 watts, and completely user interchangeable optics and lenses for you to choose the right set up for your ride. if you have any questions about pricing or anything else shoot me a message or give me a call @ (760) 560 2252 Thanks-Christian