Sign in to follow this  

Annnd that's disgusting.

This poor yz250f.. its always sad when a bike goes to a terrible owner.. and this bike had a rough life.. i got it for cheap so I figured some wrenching would be involved.

Anywho I just drain the forks... this is what came out. 1379048460075.jpg

Seeing as how my new fork oil is LIGHT RED I figure this has been in there since assembly in 05.

Yeah, some ppl take horrible care of their machines (and themselves, too- think cheeseburgers & pizza diets....)

Also, while you are in the forks, be sure to check the guide bushings. The 05 Yam fork bushings (YZ, YZF, & WRF) had an issue with the Teflon flaking off on the guide bushings. Guide bushing = the bushing right behind the fork seal.

Ya ill also be checking the bump guide and the shims. Needless to say this will be a COMPLETE rebuild lol

That's sick!  Nice to see it went to a good home though, hopefully it repays you with years of good riding.  I should've taken pictures of my carb, the plug on the bottom was caked fill with dirt.  I'm not sure what the kid was keeping the fuel in but it couldn't have been clean.

That's sick! Nice to see it went to a good home though, hopefully it repays you with years of good riding. I should've taken pictures of my carb, the plug on the bottom was caked fill with dirt. I'm not sure what the kid was keeping the fuel in but it couldn't have been clean.

Ya the kid had said it runs.... well all 5 valves were zeroed so that didn't happen. I took the carbs apart and the interior was covered in a thick wall of green powder... all jets were clogged. Oil was clumpy.. filter was so clogged it collapsed on itself... I bought it just because I wanted to take care of the bike.. also because I have a full parts bike :lol: ill be putting up a rebuild thread soon

• Like 1