tires

How the heck do you burn through a tire in 2 months??? I have Shinko 244's on my SM and have had them on for around 6-7K miles and the rear is still ok for now.

He said he's in rocky conditions almost 1/2 the week. That can be a lot of wear depending on the rocks, inclines, and what the roads are like for pavement.

I have Pirelli MT43s and love them. I have not had them too long but can tell you so far they're great on and off road and the reviews for them always seems great on any site I visit. I ride in some dirt and rocky areas and commute a little over 300 miles a week. I plan on buying them again. 

How the heck do you burn through a tire in 2 months??? I have Shinko 244's on my SM and have had them on for around 6-7K miles over the past 2.5 years and the original rear is still ok for now.

On 17s? How do you like them on and offroad? Been thinking about replacing the expiring 17 knobbies on my SM from the previous owner (kt 963). I'm looking at Shinko 244, 700, and 705. Although I mostly commute, I've adjusted to the squirely feel of DOT knobbies on the street so I should be good so long as the Shinkos have decent tread life and aren't excessively wobbly. No plans on canyon carving, just the occasional I wonder where this goes around the socal desert and San Bernardino forest roads. Edited by dave...

so I go through rear tires about every 2 months I have been running kenda tires just because they are so cheep. What tires do you guys run? Do they last any longer? Take into consideration I ride everyday, and ride off road in rocky conditions at least 3 times a week.

Here's another option, these are MotoZ, 130-90-18. They are DOT and hold up good on the street, and are great in the dirt!

Motoz006_zpsac23903f.jpg