Sign in to follow this  

Washington Webfoot Enduro, Sunday 9-22-2013

The Webfoot Enduro is Sunday Sept 22nd at Walker Valley, is anyone up for a Weber style ride ???

It's a timekeeper unless logging operations mess things up by next sunday... Hope to see u there Bruce!

Not sure I'm up for it but just incase does anyone have the route sheet so I can attempt to program my old Moose Pacemaker. I don't have a resetable odo unless its brand x and resets are back to zero.

Kap'n,

I have never done a timekeeper or ISDE event and to be honest have no idea what the difference is between the two, so my question is, If I show up to ride this thing and have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing will I piss anyone off or run the risk of being used as traction material by faster / better riders?

I'm a sensitive individual and don't want to get my feelings hurt  by mean riders :cry:

Edited by Rider 41

No Willy, I think it's still possible to have fun in a TK. If you don't have all the fancy gear then be sure to get on the same start minute as someone who does and follow their lead.Usually there is plenty of time given between checks to ride at a reasonable pace and you actually end-up waiting til the right min to go thru the checkpoint. Maybe Grandaparacer will chime in w/ some real knowhow here...Marty?

Kap'n,

I have never done a timekeeper or ISDE event and to be honest have no idea what the difference is between the two, so my question is, If I show up to ride this thing and have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing will I piss anyone off or run the risk of being used as traction material by faster / better riders?

I'm a sensitive individual and don't want to get my feelings hurt  by mean riders :cry:

whatever minute you start...latch on to someone's wheel, and chase them to the finish. It's a bit easier if the the chasee is close to your own ability. Would be my luck I'd try pacing a way faster rider. You'll most likely know someone on your minute, anyway...off you go :ride:

Oops, i thought Grandparacer started this thread,Tthanks Bowhunter, I've only done the 2010 Cowbell so I'm definitely no authority on the subject (although, I did get 2nd in seniorB...everyone needs a Claim to Fame :)

i will be there.  i finally got my arm out of a sling and moving my arm as much as i can . still sore.. who knows i might feel good enough to put around saturday.  hope to see you all there.  willy if u need a quick run through i can teach u what i know.. i won my first timekeeper at shelton.  with just a stop watch and my stock ktm speedo that adjusts. give me a call if ya want.  i cant wait. its going to be a good weekend. so far the weather is looking good. i hope to see you there Ken..  

Edited by Chris6_85
  • Like 1

Sling??? What is this sling of which you speak young Master Chris :excuseme:

I heard a rumor that you had fractured a wing :cripple:  Are you going to share with the class what happened??

Sorry of the thread hijack, my bad :naughty:

whatever minute you start...latch on to someone's wheel, and chase them to the finish. It's a bit easier if the the chasee is close to your own ability. Would be my luck I'd try pacing a way faster rider. You'll most likely know someone on your minute, anyway...off you go :ride:

Ah ha.... The lemming approach, there's a method I have used in the past with fair success, Thanks for the info Bowhunter.

I am hoping to talk the Enduroguy out of retirement, I may not be able to hang with him for long on the trails but I have become pretty good at reading his lines from the back of the pack. What do you say Major Tom, want to lead an old, fat, broken down, out of shape timekeeper noob and another riding buddy from Oak Harbor  through the gnarlies on Sunday?

I might even be able to find a cold beer or two in the back of the truck when we get done. :cheers:

Ah ha.... The lemming approach, there's a method I have used in the past with fair success, Thanks for the info Bowhunter.

I am hoping to talk the Enduroguy out of retirement, I may not be able to hang with him for long on the trails but I have become pretty good at reading his lines from the back of the pack. What do you say Major Tom, want to lead an old, fat, broken down, out of shape timekeeper noob and another riding buddy from Oak Harbor  through the gnarlies on Sunday?

I might even be able to find a cold beer or two in the back of the truck when we get done :cheers:

I doubt I will make it, I dont even know if I can figure out my old computer anymore or if it even works. My last time keeper was 2002. I will be thinking about it though. Ill dig out the old Pacemaker tonight and see if it even turns on.

just leave 5 mins late, and go as fast as you can.....won't blow any checks, and as long as ya don't get stuck somewhere too long, you'll do fine :)

• Like 2

Sling??? What is this sling of which you speak young Master Chris :excuseme:

I heard a rumor that you had fractured a wing :cripple:  Are you going to share with the class what happened??

Sorry of the thread hijack, my bad :naughty:

well if if you read Guns response, that should be enough of a clue. and i almost deserve to ride with the quadtards around the parking lot. its that bad.  if i see ya there satruday, i will give u some input on what not to do..

see you all this weekend,

You can request a late minute start and you won't be holding back any of the most competitive riders. Then you can follow the course and begin to get the picture. The NMA website has downloadable rules. Buy a chart holder so you can use the roll chart and make sure your odo is working; otherwise be sure you ride with someone who has one! The course will be a fun one and you will get your money's worth; fill your camelback...

• Like 2