Sign in to follow this  

Just stopped by the YZ 450 site on TT ......

They were all giddy b/c they got good deals on their 2014 YZ450F.....for $8,400. 

Nakes me love my YZ250 even more.

Next to her is '10 450 that never gets rode.....

Am I nuts; $8,400. -     wow.

here in england they retail for £6400 or $10120.

Um who cares? the 2t is still over 7 grand, and the technology they use is how much older? if the 2t was 5 grand maybe a wow but its called inflation, all dirtbike atvs ect cost too much new. want a wow factor go look at a can am maverick side by side. I bought a mustang GT for cheaper.

My buddy has a can am maverick, and a nice jeep wrangler. With doing some mods he still payed less for the jeep that does the same thing as the side by side. But atleast its street legal.

As far as $8400 theyre nuts, i will not spend $8400 on a new dirtbike when i can but 2 real nice used 2strokes and do some great mods to each. Or i can put up an extra couple grand and buy a left over or nice used streetbike that will atleast get me to work if worst comes to worst

Um who cares? the 2t is still over 7 grand, and the technology they use is how much older? if the 2t was 5 grand maybe a wow but its called inflation, all dirtbike atvs ect cost too much new. want a wow factor go look at a can am maverick side by side. I bought a mustang GT for cheaper.

You need to go back to school and do more credible research on the Yamaha 2s. Don't come in to the Yammi 2s forum spouting off bashing our Yamaha 2 strokes, vs buying a "Mustang GT for cheaper" . Lets at least compare apples to apples. 

Fact : Yamaha current 2013 YZ125  MSRP $6290   you can easily snatch them up for under $6K new , and while the styling is slightly outdated, the core chassis and suspension technology is NO less than the current YZF 4s ,  I picked up a super clean, used 2008 YZ125 (which is exactly the same as a 2013 ) for  $2600 , and bottom line I won't be any faster on a 2014 YZ250F costing thousands more. I also won't save money by buying a Mustang GT instead, if anything I will get speeding tickets, possibly go to jail, and have a huge jacked auto insurance policy from all the speeding tickets. 

Edited by Polar_Bus

Wow learn to read and comprehend a sentence... I bought a mustang GT for cheaper then a maverick side by side... And

FACT: the Yamaha website lists the 2014, which is what the op stated, 2t for over 7 grand, not just over six. I can buy a 2013 4t for under book too... its last years model they do that on everything. and I wasn't dissin the dirtbike. I was dissin all the prices, see how I said their ALL too high? If anything I was surprised to see a 2t over 7 grand new...

And why would you get tickets? Why do people think oh I got a sports car I gotta take it to the max on the steet 24/7?? when you grow up and get a little more mature you learn to take it to the track and use it. had it for two years never had one ticket. test n tune night at the drags, $10 bucks and run it as much as you want...

I agree about speeding if you have the car. Sold my 94 Mitsubishi VR4 (twin turbo) a couple of years ago due to a bad speeding ticket. I was travelling from Florida and showing my butt. It's just too easy to pass slower squids that you tend to forget that a speeding ticket in a 55 back road going over 100 because a line of idiots were just following the leader is going to be bad. On that note, my 65 Chevelle SS with a fuel injected 383 SBC and 76mm turbo and air to liquid IC.... is close to starting. :devil: That said YZ two smokers rock as I have 3 of them.

Craigus

Edited by cryzrider

I agree about speeding if you have the car. Sold my 94 Mitsubishi VR4 (twin turbo) a couple of years ago due to a bad speeding ticket. I was travelling from Florida and showing my butt. It's just too easy to pass slower squids that you tend to forget that a speeding ticket in a 55 back road going over 100 because a line of idiots were just following the leader is going to be bad. On that note, my 65 Chevelle SS with a fuel injected 383 SBC and 76mm turbo and air to liquid IC.... is close to starting. :devil: That said YZ two smokers rock as I have 3 of them.

Craigus

Your a cool dude,the Chevelle SS and YZ's are my favorite animal's. :cool:  :thumbsup:  

Comparing prices between a new high tech bike and a used BNG bike is useless. If they like the 450 and the price they paid for it what's the problem?

Not everybody is a broke ass cheap envious trail riding vet...

Lol, its a friggin Mustang, not a Ferrari....

• Like 1