Over a Year Now With the 13 RMZ...Good News...It Still Runs!

Have had the 13 RMZ for over a year now and it's still going strong and still love the RMZ magic feel. No issues, nothing has broke and the bolts are fine. Might even do a Yosh stage engine upgrade sometime, just for fun. 

Some random thoughts:

1. SFF is awesome...But gets much better with a revalve...This actually surprised me as I thought it was dam good stock.  ?
  2. The 13 is a great bike on all dimensions.
  3. For me, the RMZ is like a works bike for the masses.  ?   ?

Some good vids here.

• Like 2

Have Yosh do the ISF process on your tranny unless you get one of the motor packages that it is included. Supposed to be one of the best mods you can have done for the RMZ. Buttery smooth shifts, improved feel, lowers vibration and supposed to really help up shifting under power if you race. I have not had mine done yet but I plan on sending my stuff out this winter once riding season is over. I have had no trouble with mis shifts but I have been focusing on exaggerating my shifts to make sure that it does not happen.

Have Yosh do the ISF process on your tranny unless you get one of the motor packages that it is included. Supposed to be one of the best mods you can have done for the RMZ. Buttery smooth shifts, improved feel, lowers vibration and supposed to really help up shifting under power if you race. I have not had mine done yet but I plan on sending my stuff out this winter once riding season is over. I have had no trouble with mis shifts but I have been focusing on exaggerating my shifts to make sure that it does not happen.

good to know...I'm familiar with the process, but never really thought the bike needed it.

Everyone I know that has had it done says it makes a world of difference. The bike just runs smoother in all aspects. I want to ride one back to back with my bike to see if there is a noticeable difference, but if I don't get the opportunity it will not deture me from having the process done. I have heard too many good things about it.

ah the dutz rises again.

I haven't even looked on hours, but some of you sure seem obsessed with this number? ...What gives?....What number are you expecting and what would you consider good or bad? Just curious. Second RMZ now with ZERO issues. I'm not surprised at all.

• Like 1

ah the dutz rises again.

I haven't even looked on hours, but some of you sure seem obsessed with this number? ...What gives?....What number are you expecting and what would you consider good or bad? Just curious. Second RMZ now with ZERO issues. I'm not surprised at all.

Ha, don't even sweat it. I could go put 100 hours on my bike in a month riding it easy through corn fields with my nephew and if you are on the rev limiter the whole time 5 of your hours would be equivalent to 50 of my hours. Hours don't really mean squat either.

I only have about 15 track hours on my RMZ in the 1.5 months that I have owned it and it has exceeded expectations. The bike gets better every time I ride it. Now that I have my suspension sorted out I am really excited to put a few more hours on the bike before winter. I have A LOT of friends that ride yellow and not a single one of them have had the issues that most on this forum complain about. The RMZ's are really good bikes as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

Who cares about the hours? If the man is happy with his bike, it's all that matters. Fanboy? Of course he is, as are most people that own one and the reason we post most of the time.

People that ride MX know how good they are. I am in third 90% of the time on the tracks around here, no need to shift, it's about suspension and handling in that environment. Get suspension dialed on a zook, which is easy to do, and they are the best bikes on the gate IMO.

ah the dutz rises again.

I'd buy one tomorrow if you said 250hrs.....

Anything over 80hrs is good, anything over 150hrs is excellent.....

I'd buy one tomorrow if you said 250hrs.....

Anything over 80hrs is good, anything over 150hrs is excellent.....

good point...ok, you all made me curious...so I just went to the garage (I put the ice cream down first) and looked at the meter...drum roll please.....90 hrs.

Still on the stock clutch too!

• Like 1

Sorry to intrude on the thread but i just got a 2013 rmz450 nearly a week ago (Awesome bike!) and have changed the oil once after draining the break-in oil and seems like there is less oil coming out than what i put in,

is this normal?, maybe some oil left in the cavities inside the motor?.

I put the 1250ml in and maybe a bit over a litre comes out, I clean Strainer No 1 with the magnet and a new oil filter every oil change, 2.4 hours so far.

This is my first new first stroke so i'm not real sure whats normal with these things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.