Need your help, NJ enduro's at risk of being eliminated by DEP

NewJersey
 Spread this to everyone you feel would care!!!!  Call the Governor too and say the same stuff! 609-292-6000.  Tell him Comissioner Martin is being mislead to and we have an engineering plan to prove it.

Note: send this to anyone in the MX, Dualsport ETC...

----------Original Message----------

Date: Sep 12, 2013 4:15:34 PM
Subject: Your Action is Needed for NJ Enduros!
To: David <adnash1@verizon.net>

Your action is needed!
Is this email not displaying correctly?
 samView it in your browser.
ecea_email_header.jpg
10 Seconds! Well, okay maybe more than 10 seconds...but this is well worth your time!!

If you would like to continue riding trail for enduros (and dual sports) in NJ state forests, we need some of your time NOW. 

As educated as our adversaries profess, the more uneducated and misinformed we find them out to be!

Due to recent attacks by the Pinelands Preservation Alliance and now the Audubon Society, we ask you at this time to please take ten seconds and call the NJ DEP Commissioner's (Bob Martin) Office at (609) 292-2885 and share some FACTS on the subject.  These organizations want everyone to support the new "plan" that bans enduros from using any single track trail in the state forest.

Call Bob Martin now and tell him that you are against this plan and then ask why we have to beg to ride trail and enjoy our scenic views. As a citizen of the United States, these lands and trails belong to you. These properties are paid for with Green Acre funds, Federal Recreational Trail funds, and NJ state tax paying ECEA club members/riders, on top of the thousands of dollars paid and guidelines already followed to put on a safe and environmentally responsible events.

Call no matter what state you live in - (609) 292-2885
Do it now because they are counting the responses to this issue.

We must remain strong with our phone efforts!!! YOU can do this and when it comes down to it, you MUST do it.

Next, take a minute to download a letter to Mr. Martin - here's a link...

Fast and Easy!  Now forward this email to fellow club members, friends, and family members...

Thank you!
color-facebook-128.png color-twitter-128.png color-forwardtofriend-128.png ecea_action_alert.jpg
What to Do!

Call NJ DEP Commission Martin - (609) 292-2885

Send Commissioner Martin
an Email!  Use our suggestion or come up with your own version.

Fill out the AMA's Online Petition.

Contribute to the Trails Access Coalition Political Action Committee (TAC PAC)!

Step Up! Become one of your Club's Legislative Representatives and sit down and talk to your NJ Legislators. Contact your Club President and express your interest to get involved!

Copyright © 2013 East Coast Enduro Association, All rights reserved.
ECEA Member RosterECEA Web - Email Sign-Up Form
Our mailing address is:
East Coast Enduro Association
c/o 101 Rt. 541 Bypass
Hainesport, NJ 08036

Add us to your address book
MC_MonkeyReward_15.png
open.php?u=c9a601b10a6ca7f2648b1dbc5&id=

Click the link and Fill it out!!!  Send it to everyone who would care to help (Family, Friends etc)

Otherwise go hiking with the PPA and our superintendent!

I just took action on our single track issue and thought you might find it interesting too.

Click on this URL to take action now
http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/2/?a=62725751&i=90855571&c=

If your email program does not recognize the URL as a link,
copy the entire URL and paste it into your Web browser.

Just filled out the form it only took 5 minutes!   Now YOU can do it too.

have 193 views How many responded? Please let me know!

I signed the ama petition and sent the letter as well.

Awesome !  Keep on pressing. Here is more info   Cut and Paste if you like  

PLease share with your club and other user ENDURO/ADV/HARE SCRAMBLE groups what people are sending!  The enemy has launched another call/email campain BECAUSE OUR MEMBERS ARE CALLING, EMAILING and FIGHTING!!!!  Please keep it up, we are making our voices heard!

Call again, have other family members call, write etc!!!

Here's the simple points you call say/email!!  DO IT OR WE ARE DONE FOR!!!

Let’s make it easy…

If you want to call… here is the Name and number

§  NJ DEP Commissioner Bob Martin phone (609) 292-2885                  

If you want to Email here is the Email

§  Bob.Martin@dep.state.nj.us

Here is what you say

§  I am against the Division of Parks and Forestry "New" plan to eliminate single track trail use during enduro  events on state land

§  We have already presented "data driven" documentation regarding the use of SIngle Track to Parks and Forestry in June-- ZERO Documented damage in over 40+ years.

§  Use of only approved roads and plow lines and NOT SINGLE TRACK TRAIL and WILL increase risk of accidents with other user groups and end a historical and cultural component of the Pine Lands Landscape.  651 miles of single track trail is documented in the CMP (Comprehensive Master Plan) and is to be used for enduros!

Her Here's a more "in depth" letter if you wish to understand and be knowledgeble about our fight:

I ha  I' ve reviewed several letters from the PPA, The Audubon Society, and other nature conservation groups regarding the Enduro Management Plan. Many of these letters are clouding the issue of what the off-road community actually is asking for. 

In fa In fact, the off-road community is in 100% agreement with the need for pre-approved routes, and reduction of paperwork. What the off-road community is NOT in favor of is the prohibition of the EXISTING single track trail that has been painstakingly reviewed by multiple agencies for 50+years, and has already passed all the environmental reviews. The new "plan" eliminates all these existing routes that have already been pre-approved.

The groups listed above use outlandish claims of destruction and damage to distract everyone from the fact that one person, in one office has arbitrarily created a policy that eliminates access of a specific user group, namely the enduro clubs. Yet they claim that the enduro riders have miles of fire cuts, plow lines, and gravel roads to ride on. That is like telling every golfer in the state that he must now play golf in a parking lot with paper cups as holes. Yes, they are still playing golf, but it is not the same game.

I urge you to meet with representatives from the Enduro Community to hear first hand how this policy affects them, and how little damage is actually caused by this activity. Like the environmental groups, the off-road organization has testimony and engineering data to show that the claims of any damage are greatly exaggerated.

I would like to comment on just a few of the claims they make:

"Several hundred – or more bikes may participate in one event." Most events have less than 200 riders.

"Killing or disturbing wildlife." After searching every available report, not one instance of killed wildlife has been documented.

"Degrading wetlands." The approved existing trails do not go into wetlands.

"Spreading invasive species." There are no plants in the middle of a trail, and it is doubtful that they could attach themselves to a motorcycle going 20 miles per hour.

"Destroying native plants." Again, there are no plants in the middle of a trail. More plants are destroyed along the BatonaTrail then any enduro trail.

"Pre approval of routes allows proper oversight of natural resourses." Actually the off-road community is in favor of the reduction of paperwork. All of the existing single track trail has already been pre-approved. But the exclusionist groups are twisting this to make it seem like the elimination of the single track trails will facilitate this goal.

"Reduction of staff time." Again, this is a benefit that has nothing to do with the quality of the trails on the approved list.

"NJ enduro riders enjoy greater access to public lands than neighboring states." NJ is the only state in the USA that is proposing eliminating single track trails.

I ask you to please look beyond the sensationalism and creative journalism, and see that the real issue here is very simple:

The There already exists a trail network of pre-approved routes that has been used for quite a long time. These existing routes already make up a "menu of approved routes" that will satisfy the goals of reduced paperwork, oversight, review, and office staff workload. The enduro clubs should be allowed to continue to utilize this existing network that of course uses single track trail.

----------Original Message----------

Date: Sep 18, 2013 10:20:09 AM
Subject: Mr. Martin, With Respect...
To: BOB.MARTIN@DEP.STATE.NJ.US

Mr. Martin, 

We are ONE of the very FEW who GREATLY respect OUR forests, and do our part to protect it. 

I am well aware that you have been receiving multiple phone calls and emails in regards to the “New” plan to eliminate single track trail use during enduro events on state land, and I am sure that most of these emails and phone calls have either been ignored and/or deleted. 

I am not sure if you will even read this email or listen to our phone calls at this point; But, It has got to be obvious to you by now that there is much resistance against the “New” plan proposed by the NJ DEP. 

As I hope you have seen and heard over and over again:

-We have already presented objective documentation regarding the use of single track to parks and forestry in June, in which there was no reported damage.

-The use of only approved roads and plow lines and NOT SINGLE TRACK TRAIL – WILL increase the risk of accidents with other user groups.

As a member of the EAST COAST ENDURO ASSOCIATION (ECEA) and the AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST ASSOCIATION (AMA), I am FOR protecting our right to ride, whether it be on the road or in the forests, and I truly believe that the DEP is trying to eliminate our rights with unsupported claims and reasons unknown. 

PLEASE realize, that WE, as an association and individual club members, HAVE NOTHING BUT THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR THE FORESTS. Organizations such as ours, have always been supporters of protecting the forest and respecting it. We have no intentions of destroying the forest; our only intent is to enjoy it – We are not out to profit from, nor are we out to trash OUR forests. 

Since I was a child and still to this day, weeks before our club events and weeks after our club events, we are in the state forest cleaning. Loading pickup trucks up worth of dumped material and collections of trash left by those who DO NOT RESPECT THE FOREST and feel that the forest is their personal dump. WE contribute a high amount of time and effort into ensuring that OUR forest stays clean and healthy. 

Within weeks after our events, our single track trail is nearly impossible to find. The forest regrows and covers our track with no reported damage. Again I'll state, if you respectfully read this far; As an association such as ours, with multiple clubs and vast amounts of members, WE ARE ONE OF THE FEW WHO GREATLY RESPECT THE FOREST, AND DO OUR PART TO PROTECT IT. 

PLEASE CONSIDER OUR SIDE AND TRUE INTENTIONS. 

With sincere respect,

Casey Grzybowski

AMA.ECEA.MCI

(717)449-4094

I signed the petition and sent the e-mail below to Bob Martin. I used your form letter Dens and then I added in a personal touch at the bottom:

Mr. Martin,

I have reviewed several letters from the PPA, The Audubon Society, and other nature conservation groups regarding the Enduro Management Plan. Many of these letters are clouding the issue of what the off-road community actually is asking for. 

In fact, the off-road community is in 100% agreement with the need for pre-approved routes, and reduction of paperwork. What the off-road community is NOT in favor of is the prohibition of the EXISTING single track trail that has been painstakingly reviewed by multiple agencies for 50+years, and has already passed all the environmental reviews. The new "plan" eliminates all these existing routes that have already been pre-approved.

The groups listed above use outlandish claims of destruction and damage to distract everyone from the fact that one person, in one office has arbitrarily created a policy that eliminates access of a specific user group, namely the enduro clubs. Yet they claim that the enduro riders have miles of fire cuts, plow lines, and gravel roads to ride on. That is like telling every golfer in the state that he must now play golf in a parking lot with paper cups as holes. Yes, they are still playing golf, but it is not the same game.

I urge you to meet with representatives from the Enduro Community to hear first hand how this policy affects them, and how little damage is actually caused by this activity. Like the environmental groups, the off-road organization has testimony and engineering data to show that the claims of any damage are greatly exaggerated.

I would like to comment on just a few of the claims they make:

"Several hundred – or more bikes may participate in one event." Most events have less than 200 riders.

"Killing or disturbing wildlife." After searching every available report, not one instance of killed wildlife has been documented.

"Degrading wetlands." The approved existing trails do not go into wetlands.

"Spreading invasive species." There are no plants in the middle of a trail, and it is doubtful that they could attach themselves to a motorcycle going 20 miles per hour.

"Destroying native plants." Again, there are no plants in the middle of a trail. More plants are destroyed along the BatonaTrail then any enduro trail.

"Pre-approval of routes allows proper oversight of natural resources." Actually the off-road community is in favor of the reduction of paperwork. All of the existing single track trail has already been pre-approved. But the certain groups are twisting this to make it seem like the elimination of the single track trails will facilitate this goal.

"Reduction of staff time." Again, this is a benefit that has nothing to do with the quality of the trails on the approved list.

"NJ enduro riders enjoy greater access to public lands than neighboring states." NJ is the only state in the USA that is proposing eliminating single track trails.

I ask you to please look beyond the sensationalism and creative journalism, and see that the real issue here is very simple:There already exists a trail network of pre-approved routes that has been used for quite a long time. These existing routes already make up a "menu of approved routes" that will satisfy the goals of reduced paperwork, oversight, review, and office staff workload. The enduro clubs should be allowed to continue to utilize this existing network that of course uses single track trail.

I have seen first hand how members of the enduro riding community not only respect the rules and regulations of the land but go above and beyond in volunteering to improve the lands that are in contention. I remember being a little boy and helping my dad and his fellow enduro club members volunteer their time and personal resources to improve the overall quality of the land by going out and hauling away loads and loads of trash left behind by people who have no respect for the land at all. Couple this with the other various charitable endeavors that the enduro community has done (i.e. benefit drives for post Sandy relief, scholarships for young riders) and you get a better understanding that we are good, honest people that want a fair shake at being able to use the land, just like other enthusiasts. 

I believe myself to be a rational person Mr. Martin. I am asking you and your constituents to be the same and take into consideration the facts that we have gathered. The problem is not legal use of the land but rather the illegal use. Let's work together to develop a beneficial situation for all law and regulation abiding users of state land.

Thanks,

Steven W. McKenzie Jr.

Its been a whirlwind of a busy month for me, I signed the petition, im trying to stay up on issues that effect our sport.Just wondering how or what the outcome has been on this.Thread kind of just dropped off face of earth.

I do know that things have not gotten  better  our (MCI stumpjumper enduro) was cancelled because of underhanded foul play(state changed the maps without our knowledge and denied us a permit for this year) NO ENDURO THIS YEAR.its really getting ugly