2007 WR250F weight

Just weighed my 2007 WR250F with about half a tank of fuel, first time I've ever weighed any of my bikes, it came in at 275 lbs. or 124.74 kg. Bike still has the stock exhaust, rear D803 trials tire, stock size battery, and bark busters. The trials tire might be adding a few pounds and the bark busters probably add a pound but good grief this is a heavy bike lol. I'm going to take some of the regularly replaced (exhaust, wheels, battery, e start..) components and get individual weights to see where I can knock off a few pounds. I'll add my findings and any mods I do here.

Just weighed my 2007 WR250F with about half a tank of fuel, first time I've ever weighed any of my bikes, it came in at 275 lbs. or 124.74 kg. Bike still has the stock exhaust, rear D803 trials tire, stock size battery, and bark busters. The trials tire might be adding a few pounds and the bark busters probably add a pound but good grief this is a heavy bike lol. I'm going to take some of the regularly replaced (exhaust, wheels, battery, e start..) components and get individual weights to see where I can knock off a few pounds. I'll add my findings and any mods I do here.

How did you weight it?  I've thought of using 3 bathroom scales.   

It's a heavy bike.  You can take some off with an exhaust and lithium battery but that's about it.

That figure sounds high to me.

Put my stand on a bathroom scale and zeroed it. I got on first to see how accurate it was, spot on with me at 170. I would bet it's within 5 pounds, the claimed wet weight is 265. Forgot to mention that it has 2008 SSS YZ450F forks, front brake, and hub. These might be heavier than stock because the more complicated fork internals. But the brake assembly and hub should be lighter than stock. Wish I would have weighed them when I did the conversion just for kicks.

If it was 5 pounds heavy and you weighed it on the kickstand, the front wheel, and then rear wheel. The weight would be 15 lbs. to high. Plus you have 6 lbs of fuel per gallon.

Didn't do it wheel by wheel, had the stand sitting on the scale and put the bike on the stand, both wheels were off the ground at the same time.

You should do it wheel by wheel. Scales are not necessarily linear, meaining even if it's spot on at 170 lb, it could be off at 275. If you measure wheel by wheel, you will be in the range where you know it fairly accurate. When you go wheel by wheel, you have to shim up the wheel that is not on the scale so that it is the same height as the scale.

275 is not far off though. I would think around 265 with a half tank. Do you have a stock tank? Gasoline is about 6.3 lb/ gallon (for unleaded - ha ha!)

-Toby

275 sounds about right. My '06 WR450 with all of the guards (hand, radiator, engine) weighed 287. All of the modern fourstrokes are still way heavy.

Remember, all manufacturers lie about bike weights. That's why, when you get real numbers, it's a shock. Dirt Rider posts good numbers when they test a bike.

Here are the weights of our bikes (all baja designs dual sport with skid plates, hand guards, and radiator guards both 250s are steel frame):

'02 WR250f (no electric start): 259 (with ~ 2 gal gas): 259 lb

06 WR250F (full stock tank, electric start): 270 lb

07 WR450F (empty tank):272 lb

Scale is pretty right on for my 150 lb weight.

-Toby

It's probably accurate +/- 5 lbs. For some reason the Japanese can't make an off road bike with estart and lights that isn't a porker. That's why I switched to ktm for my offroad bike. Plus in WA state I could get a plate on it. My 09 250 xcfw with full guards and lights is 235 w/ no fuel. My old DRZ400 was over 300 lbs!!! I don't know how it could weigh so much. They must have filled the frame tubes with lead.

My YZ250f on the other hand is as light as a 2t. I love that about it.

Edited by moleson10