2005 gas gas ec 200, reliable?

My dad is in the market for a new bike an found a 2005 gas gas 200 for sale for 1500 bucks, are these bikes reliable or what?

GasGas enduros are very good bikes. I've ridden the 200, but never owned one. I've owned a 300...currently own 2 250cc 2t Gassers.

If the 200 engine is anything like the 250 and 300, they are dead reliable. The chassis is the same as the 250/300, and those are reliable as long as you properly maintain the bearings and pivot points, just like any other bike.

Great bike,love mine.

If the 200 engine is anything like the 250 and 300, they are dead reliable. The chassis is the same as the 250/300, and those are reliable as long as you properly maintain the bearings and pivot points, just like any other bike.

Great bike,love mine.

Ihave never had the 200 but the 250 is great. Do the research and every one says the same thing. Bullet proof. Heck we were on a duasport ride and one of the guys crashed an lost antifreeze. I little jbweld and some gatarade in the radiator ( NOt recommended) and he finished a 100 mile ride. Cleaned it out and saw him at the next DS in Southern OHio

Ok thanks for the info guys, I am experienced with Yamahas and Suzukis racing gncc for the past 5 Years and my dad raced for 25 yrs back in the day on everything from Yamaha to huskies to makos we just didn't have much info on the reliability of the gas gas brand. He is wanting to get back in it with an old school smoker with a Button. I wanna try n show him up with the torque and smooth power of the modern thumpers, lets just hope I don't stall it!

I have a 2001 200, and that thing has been extremely reliable. It was gone through just before I got it, and I've ridden it as my kinda  secondary (still lots of hours) bike for the last 5 years, never had a problem with the motor. I run synthetic ATF in the transmission (right, wrong, or indifferent) which made the clutch act a lot better, and shifts are better now too. Always have run full synthetic premix as well. Beyond that, I haven't done anything for the motor. Runs just as strong today as when I got it.