Sign in to follow this  

Fork setup for handling

Anyone find the sweet spot as to how far up to run your forks in the triple clamps.  I've been messing with mine a bit and was just wondering some of your guys' setups.  Its an 09 yz 250.  Mine's a bit too raked out right now and has been a little tricky keeping it planted in tighter corners. 

thanks dudes.   Also, what has been a good rider sag range to start out with?  I ride a bit of moto and a bit of offroad.

When i got my 09's suspension from factory connection. They told me to keep the sag around 3" and move my forks

This is also on suspension set up specifically for a 160lb B class rider. And i only ride moto, the bike stays planted all the time and does exactly what i want it to.

I believe if you call up FC theyll give you tech support over the phone. But if you really want the bike to work for you, and your okay with spending some extra money, send it off to them. They revalved, sprung and rebuild my forks and shock for $850 with insured shipping. And i sent off my suspension on monday and was riding by the next saturday.

Anyone find the sweet spot as to how far up to run your forks in the triple clamps. I've been messing with mine a bit and was just wondering some of your guys' setups. Its an 09 yz 250. Mine's a bit too raked out right now and has been a little tricky keeping it planted in tighter corners.

thanks dudes. Also, what has been a good rider sag range to start out with? I ride a bit of moto and a bit of offroad.

I have a question for your question. Do you notice in steering feel when you move the forks up or down? If so then you should notice that when you drop the forks in the clamps the steering gets heavier, when you rase them it should get lighter. The sweet spot for me is when the steering just starts to feel heavy. If you go through a turn and the front wheel feels very light, as in it feels like it isn't connected to the ground lower the forks in the clamps 5 mm. This will of course slow the steering a bit, the trade off point is where it just starts to feel heavy. Heavy feeling= more traction slower less responsive steering. Where is the sag now? I would go w 100mm on the yami.

I have a question for your question. Do you notice a difference in steering feel when you move the forks up or down? If so then you should notice that when you drop the forks in the clamps the steering gets heavier, when you rase them it should get lighter. The sweet spot for me is when the steering just starts to feel heavy. If you go through a turn and the front wheel feels very light, as in it feels like it isn't connected to the ground lower the forks in the clamps 5 mm. This will of course slow the steering a bit, the trade off point is where it just starts to feel heavy. Heavy feeling= more traction slower less responsive steering. Where is the sag now? I would go w 100mm on the yami.

Anyone find the sweet spot as to how far up to run your forks in the triple clamps. I've been messing with mine a bit and was just wondering some of your guys' setups. Its an 09 yz 250. Mine's a bit too raked out right now and has been a little tricky keeping it planted in tighter corners.

thanks dudes. Also, what has been a good rider sag range to start out with? I ride a bit of moto and a bit of offroad.

Trying to do this from my phone, can't seem to edit. It was supposed to say. " do you notice a difference in steering feel" in the begining.

Thanks for the replys. I've moved them around a couple times already and I think I like them slid up a bit compared to how I have them now. I'll check the sag and keep tinkering. All in all,it's still been great bike. It's my first Yamaha so I'm still getting used to how it feels.

Thanks for the replys. I've moved them around a couple times already and I think I like them slid up a bit compared to how I have them now. I'll check the sag and keep tinkering. All in all,it's still been great bike. It's my first Yamaha so I'm still getting used to how it feels.

Did you notice a difference in steering feel? It's really important when adjusting handling.