3x3 Jetting Question

Hey all,

I have an '06 S model with a stock Mikuni carb and stock exhaust. I'm planning on doing the 3x3 and rejet with a JD jet kit tomorrow. I wanted to know what settings for the needle/ jets I should use if i'm riding at sea level?

Thanks

Hey all,

I have an '06 S model with a stock Mikuni carb and stock exhaust. I'm planning on doing the 3x3 and rejet with a JD jet kit tomorrow. I wanted to know what settings for the needle/ jets I should use if i'm riding at sea level?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the JD kit has instructions for you if you are still using stock exhaust. Blue needle 3rd clip is for sea level I believe.

I'm pretty sure the JD kit has instructions for you if you are still using stock exhaust. Blue needle 3rd clip is for sea level I believe.

Ah, looks like I didn't read the instructions thoroughly enough, thanks for the reassurance!

4th clip should work better, especially since temperatures are starting to drop. On the third clip the bike will start to surge while cruising at a constant speed.

Clip changes are easy as well, you just rotate the carb to access the top, no need to pull it out of the bike. So you can experiment for yourself what works best in your area.

Hey all,

Thanks

For Cali climate with stock exhaust and 3x3 use

155 main jet

Blue needle ,clip 3

Stock 22.5 pilot jet with extended fuel screw or 25 pilot jet with stock fuel screw

2.75 turns

Here is a walk through guide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtKWbs0N5lo