Sign in to follow this  

Zeta handguards with flashers install

So I got the Zeta handguards with the LED flashers today. There were no instructions on the install.

Any help is appreciated, including the wiring and how to take off the old front flashers, they don't come right off..

Might try Solo racers website he put some on his bike i don't remember how detailed it was bout the lights tho!! been a while sice i was there--he's a nice guy and answers questions pretty fast too!!

• Like 1

After 2 hours of fighting and cursing, I got the handguards on, I didn't even attempt to wire the flashers.

The main trouble came when putting the throttle side bar in the throttle tube. I ended up drilling the entire side of my throttle tube to make it fit- or it would rub and make my throttle stick and not 'snap back'.

The handguard bars are still a bit loose no matter how hard I tighten the screws. The Zeta handguards with built in flashers are a bit smaller than I expected and seem a bit 'flimsy'.

I hope this product holds up well....not sure if it was worth the $160.00

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379132095.564387.jpg

• Like 1

Gnath --Where did you find those hand guards?? I like the looks of them over the others i have seen and that is my next mod??

I bought them from Highway Dirt Bikes ...   (click me) ...  :thumbsup:

Fast shipping and just a real smooth transaction .... I went with the Black anodized with the mirrors and protaper 1 1/8 bars.

Surprisingly the mirrors work great and I like them way better than stock once you get them set up right. 

Also you can buy your bars from them and they will come drilled with inserts installed.  :ride:

HGset00.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks gnath--now if you would talk to my financial adviser (wife) i'll be all set!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Take your time and explore that whole site and look at all the pic's in the gallery etc .... lots of options for switches and turn signals and stuff. 

Thanks for the help. 

I do not have oversized bars, just stock ones.  The clamps are not labeled L for left or R for right.  I tightened the bolt that attaches from the clamp to the bar until "my eyes popped out" and it ended up stripping the bolt, using just an allen wrench....cheap bolt.

After wiring the handguard flashers, and seeing that they worked, I got on my bike to go around the block, and noticed both flashers on my display are constantly "ON", and do not display when one side signal is flashing and the other isn't. 

I wish I never got this expensive upgrade, it has been nothing but problems, and frustration, missing instructions.  I guess I should have noticed "Made in China".

Edited by camaro307

Thanks for the help. 

I do not have oversized bars, just stock ones.  The clamps are not labeled L for left or R for right.  I tightened the bolt that attaches from the clamp to the bar until "my eyes popped out" and it ended up stripping the bolt, using just an allen wrench....cheap bolt.

After wiring the handguard flashers, and seeing that they worked, I got on my bike to go around the block, and noticed both flashers on my display are constantly "ON", and do not display when one side signal is flashing and the other isn't. 

I wish I never got this expensive upgrade, it has been nothing but problems, and frustration, missing instructions.  I guess I should have noticed "Made in China".

maybe you can send off an email about it .... you never know they might take them back  :excuseme:

Thanks for the help. 

The clamps for 7/8th bars are the same. The 7/8ths bars are the same diameter the entire length of the bar, so, no need to taper the inside diameter of the clamps. I don't know where you purchased  the  products, but, if you purchased them from us( Wheeling Cycle Supply) send everything you are un-happy with back, we will give you a full refund, and re-imburse you for the return shipping.

I don't know what bike you are installing the products on, but, some models require in-line resistors, or an IC Relay for proper operation. If it is the CRF250L, you should not need any resistors, or, IC relay. I have a CRF250L, all the blinkers work without any resistors,or, an IC Relay. My Armor handguards mounted fine( I have Zeta bars ),and the clamps are plenty tight. 

Oh, by the way, the CRF250L is manufactured in Taiwan.

Again, if you purchased the products from us, return all of it, we will give you a full refund, and re-imburse you for the return shipping.  Also, if you did buy the products from us,and wanted to remedy the problems, you should have contacted us, as opposed to coming on here and complaining about the products.

Fg  

https://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/news/crf250l-parts-now-available/7

Edited by creamcheese
  • Like 5

I did purchase the Zeta Hanguards and flashers from Wheeling Cycling Supply. 

Not only did my LED display show constant flashers as on, my rear LED flashers are also messed up.  Just turning my bike on makes my rear LED signal left, and when I signal left or right, it kind of flickers and doesn't know what to do.  Perhaps I did the wiring wrong, but up front everything works fine and it just messed up my rear 12 o' clock labs light somehow.

creamcheese said : Also, if you did buy the products from us,and wanted to remedy the problems, you should have contacted us, as opposed to coming on here and complaining about the products.

So I am not supposed to complain about having trouble with a purchased product from your company?  I'm sure you don't like that, but I think it's my right to complain with problems that I have on a forum that is about a specific bike.  This is ThumperTalk, not Wheeling Cycling Supply forum.  I am allowed to to complain and review all products related to this motorcycle. 

The bike is made in Taiwan, but your parts are manufactured in China. 

I had problems, and frustrations.  I will be returning this product and getting a full refund, as well as informing thousands of others about my troubles.  Deal with it Wheeling Cycling Supply. 

Gnath --Where did you find those hand guards?? I like the looks of them over the others i have seen and that is my next mod??

I just installed the same set up, I likey likey likey..... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I had problems, and frustrations.  I will be returning this product and getting a full refund, as well as informing thousands of others about my troubles.  Deal with it Wheeling Cycling Supply. 

Would have been nice to see you have this problem remedied rather than sending it back. Sounds like you have wired it up wrong.

• Like 4

Would have been nice to see you have this problem remedied rather than sending it back. Sounds like you have wired it up wrong.

I don't know why his panties are so bunched...  It's not like Wheeling Cycling Supply manufactured the part.  They just distribute it and are willing to correct the issue with the parts he is having problems with...  Zeta made the parts, they didn't...

The wiring and conversion to LED's were not done by them, but they still tried to help correct this issue.  It seems to me like he won't be happy no matter what...  Not even with a full refund...   :rolleyes:   From his posts it is apparent wiring is the issue.  Did they wire it???  No...  Did they offer help???  Yes....

All I know is Wheeling Cycling Supply has good customer service and products.  :prof:

HIS issues/problems won't effect me from continuing to be a happy customer.  :doh:

:cheers:

• Like 6

I just installed the same set up, I likey likey likey..... :thumbsup:

Post up some Pic's !!!

Did you get mirrors and/or blinkers and did you get anodized ? 

The rear blinkers on HDB's site look pretty dang cool and I may get front & rear from them someday. 

• Like 3