26 mm Keihin

I'm doing a BBR 150 kit on my TTR 125 i found a used XR 200 carb can anyone tell me what year or model number carb i am looking for i would greatly appreciate any help the XRF 150s are killing me at the TT races.

Edited by horn993

I'm doing a BBR 150 kit on my TTR 125 i found a used XR 200 carb can anyone tell me what year or model number carb i am looking for i would greatly appreciate any help the XRF 150s are killing me at the TT races.

I have the BBR carb and it is a PD97, as far as I know all the XR200 carbs were more or less the same. On the sheet that came with my carb it says as a starting point, to use a #118 main and a #42 pilot with the needle clip in the 3rd position for the big bore kit. Not sure if the BBR uses the same needle as the stock XR200 carb though so you may have to do some jetting to get it dialed in. Hope that helps!

Thanks Racer the people on this forum are awesome the TTR 125 is 100 times better than when i bought it thanks to all the tips on here.I have 2 options Carb Parts Warehouse sells a VM26 Mikuni kit or BBR has the 26mm Keihen kit both come pre jetted not sure what carb is the way to go one kit is a $100 less than the other.The used Keihen needed to much work and it measured 28mm at the front opening.

Edited by horn993

Thanks Racer the people on this forum are awesome the TTR 125 is 100 times better than when i bought it thanks to all the tips on here.I have 2 options Carb Parts Warehouse sells a VM26 Mikuni kit or BBR has the 26mm Keihen kit both come pre jetted not sure what carb is the way to go one kit is a $100 less than the other.The used Keihen needed to much work and it measured 28mm at the front opening.

Haha, ya it's kinda nice to have a site where a person can swap info and such, sure saves a lot of time [and money lol!] Yes, my BBR Keihin 26mm also measures 28mm at the engine side opening, Inside where the slide is it gets smaller and becomes oval shaped. The Keihin carb requires the BBR adapter to mate it to the TTR intake so I would suspect that may be why it's more expensive. I got my BBR carb from Procycle http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/10-ttr125-holiday-spcls.html for $279.99 that also included an air filter and extra main and pilot jets. I don't have any experience with the 26mm Mikuni but I do like the idea that it's cheaper ?

Edited by Racer

Thanks again for the help the bike was fast enough to get second in the 100 - 160 TT race hopefully now i will have enough to catch that CR150. I'm not exactly light at 212 pounds should i be gentle jumping it till i can afford a frame cradle?

Thanks again for the help the bike was fast enough to get second in the 100 - 160 TT race hopefully now i will have enough to catch that CR150. I'm not exactly light at 212 pounds should i be gentle jumping it till i can afford a frame cradle?

I haven't had any issues with mine but I primarily use it for super moto, however according to the many people who do jump them, a frame cradle would be a good idea. Great job on the 2nd place, not too shabby for someone who weights more than their bike lol! :cheers:

Well the decision was made easy BBR is a great company but they were out of the Keihin carb kits so my local shop Petes Cycle and Sled told me to call Carburetor Parts Warehouse they are building me a VM 26 specifically for my bike and mods. The kit comes with a throttle, a cable and extra jets. They sound very knowledgeable i will let everyone know how it runs it should be in on Friday.

Well the decision was made easy BBR is a great company but they were out of the Keihin carb kits so my local shop Petes Cycle and Sled told me to call Carburetor Parts Warehouse they are building me a VM 26 specifically for my bike and mods. The kit comes with a throttle, a cable and extra jets. They sound very knowledgeable i will let everyone know how it runs it should be in on Friday.

Nice, I'm looking forward to hearing how it works! You better start making some room to put all the new trophies you're going to be winning!