Sign in to follow this  

Rm250 idle problems

I just received my new carb my jetting before was a 48 pilot, 170 main clip all the way at the top of the needle. New carb im Running a 165 main and 45 pilot on 2nd clip from top and now my bike idles high.Whats causing the bike to idle high. The new jetting ? Maybe the gas ? Idk.

What year? I noticed my 98 required needle clip at top to run somewhat crisp after a fresh top end and new filter etc and it also had a higher idle than I was used to

What year? I noticed my 98 required needle clip at top to run somewhat crisp after a fresh top end and new filter etc and it also had a higher idle than I was used to

It is a 03. Brand new topend. Etc I'm gonna put it back at the top notch on the needle. What are you running for jets?

165,45. Stock needle with clip in top notch. My powervalve adjustments seemed to play a factor in stuttering too for some reason.

My idle was a little erratic at first too. Cleaned the carb really well and adjusted the throttle cable. Which carb you have? Pwk quad vent?

165,45. Stock needle with clip in top notch. My powervalve adjustments seemed to play a factor in stuttering too for some reason.

Bikes running crispy. I'm running 165,45. Clip in top notch. Do you know what to torque the bolt to for the primary gear

Not real sure to be honest. I can check my manual for you. What altitude you running? What kind of temps? Just curious. Temps here are fluctuating so much trying to jet has been interesting

Not real sure to be honest. I can check my manual for you. What altitude you running? What kind of temps? Just curious. Temps here are fluctuating so much trying to jet has been interesting

Did you give me a link to the manual? I clicked on the manual and it brought me to the thumper talk store but it's under maintenance. I'm 100 feet above sea level. I jetted it when it was in the 70s. It runs clean

I didn't link it. I guess as soon as it saw I typed manual it made it a link lol. Let me check my paper version and I will let you know

Hey MX You didn't say if You tried adjusting the idle or not,,so Your saying that You have adjusted the idle as low as it will go, and You still have a high idle,,,You may have a vacuum leak that is causing that,,,,if the idle is the only problem that the bike has, it should be easy to fix.....good luck........Dr.D..

I didn't link it. I guess as soon as it saw I typed manual it made it a link lol. Let me check my paper version and I will let you know

Lol yea it did. Ill do some research. Thanks man

Hey MX You didn't say if You tried adjusting the idle or not,,so Your saying that You have adjusted the idle as low as it will go, and You still have a high idle,,,You may have a vacuum leak that is causing that,,,,if the idle is the only problem that the bike has, it should be easy to fix.....good luck........Dr.D..

Hey i didn't have to touch the idle. It idles fine. I guess my jetting caused the high idle? Idk. With my new jetting N all the new parts The bikes running Better than ever. No more milky oil, stuttering.etc. Thanks

Glad you got it worked out. I am heading out Friday to spend the day on the trails and am needing to make a few adjustments as the temps will be ranging from 56 to 80. I almost hate the fall because I feel like I just get my jetting spot on for summer riding and then Fall rears it's ugly head.