Sign in to follow this  

Engine Gasket not tight

I own a 2011 KTM 300XC. I had an oil leak at the bottom of the engine case gasket. I replaced it, but now i have a few potential issues. Here's what I did.

I removed the clutch cover and clutch. I took off the the engine case, removed the old (worn) gasket and replaced it with a new one. I put the engine case back on, along with the clutch and clutch plates and cover. The engine case was not making a tight fit. I pulled gently on the kickstarter and everything just seemed to line up and fit together. After that i bolted everything back together.

Unfortunately the case isn't making a good seal with the new gasket. The old leak is gone, but the Gasket is slightly loose at the top part of the case. There is a wet/oil spot where it is loose. 

Also I notice the kickstarter seems to slip occasionally when starting the bike.

Any thoughts on where I went wrong? I was thinking of just using a gasket sealer on the outside of the gasket so I wouldn't have to take it all apart again, however the kickstarter issue is  worrying me.