Sign in to follow this  

dirt bike carrier?

I bought a ramp king hitch carrier of Craigslist awhile ago and use it to drive from Maine to New Hampshire almost every week. No problems yet, easy

Whoops, accidentally hit send and I don't know how to edit this jazz. anyway, it's easy to load the bike on and easy to drive with. Pretty solid investment

any body use one of these? I know its cheap but wont be used much. I was looking also at the one from harbor freight but it is aluminmum and I like the idea of steel better. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Motorcycle-Scooter-DirtBike-Carrier-Hauler-Hitch-Mount-Rack-Ramp-Anti-Tilt-/380608878817

don't buy the junk off brand shit off eBay. I bought on on there it was $100 and the stem on it cracked and my sons crf50 went sliding down the highway beside me at like 50 mph.

I use the aluminum one, love it, every weekend hundred and 60 miles round-trip for the last two years, no issues

My harbor freight carrier started getting hairline cracks in the aluminum after a dozen uses.

The discount ramps model looks pretty decent/cheap.

The ebay model has the same flaw, not very strong in the middle where the carrier attaches to the bar, the bike will flex it left-right until it snaps.

Edited by mudguy

don't buy the junk off brand shit off eBay. I bought on on there it was $100 and the stem on it cracked and my sons crf50 went sliding down the highway beside me at like 50 mph.

Thats what i figured but was just going to check. Ill just save up and getter a nicer one in the 200$ range probably...What would be the best?

Rage carrier. $109 to my door and not a single issue in nearly 2 years.

34DC1503-C32E-4D91-BCB2-A4428B2336E4-213

THAT is a nice looking carrier right there, for a little over a $100, I'd go for that! Links to where you bought it please!

You can try the one at Cyclegear. I picked up one for $90. heavy and steel. I had a harbor freight one that I returned. That one would bend downwards with just the dirtbike weight and I wasnt too confident with it

THAT is a nice looking carrier right there, for a little over a $100, I'd go for that! Links to where you bought it please!

Here is an identical one on eBay:

It won't let me post a direct link, but item number is 200962800621. It's up a little from 2 years ago but not much.

Discount ramps has the actual rage one for $130.

I will say under certain instances it DOES bounce more than I like. I just run an additional strap through the frame and around my tire carrier. Doing it this way for as long as I've had it and no issues in hundreds and hundreds of miles.

Not cheap, but bullet proof

http://www.sargeindustries.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

I know the owner and have the same one from 7 years ago. Zero flaws and more miles that can count.

He's an A off-road racer on weekends and works for a high end coach builder in the Pac NW. He builds these on the side, by hand. His bro designed and tested it. He's an engineer for a semi-conductor company and also riders. Rated at an honest 500lbs. So, typical dirt bike is easy easy.

He has a simple hitch pin that sucks up the slick between the carrier stinger and hitch wall. No wallow or sway. Best of all, no cheap ass, cold Chinese welds. ;)

Anyone know of a hitch type carrier that will fit a jeep compass with a class 3, i think, hitch? The hitch is smaller than my full size grand cherokee one