Sign in to follow this  

Proud New Suzuki Owner! *tips?*

hey guys, Ive just payed my deposit on a 2013 rmz. this is my second bike, and my second 450. my first 450 (current) 2007 kx450f. the kx had basic mods like full white bro's, 13/52, jetting and I believe that's it other than bars and stuff. the kxf is a monster for me being new to 450's but I've been having way too many problems and paying way too much money for an old, non fuel injected bike. my rmz has to be sent down and will not be here for a week, and I'm leaving for 2 weeks work on Wednesday so I will not actually get the bike until around October second. my biggest question is what should I look out for on the 2013 rmz? any negative sides? and what basic mods should I first put on the bike? I have 30mm tusk fatbar risers that I will be putting on. I think I'm also going to order something like the vapor speedometer. I do alllll woods riding so a basic pipe should be fine for me, and possibly doing 51 or maybe 52 teeth on the rear.

thanks a lot guys! can't wait to be able to give you all some feedback and go pro videos of Newfoundland!

I have a 2013 with 5 hours on it. Mods so far:

Rekluse EXP 2.0

Factory Connection springs/revalve

Moose Pro skid plate

Cycra pro bend handguards

Works Connection radiator braces

Works Connection hour meter

Maxima stainless steel oil filter

Future mods:

RM filter cage

Ultra duty tubes

IMS gas tank

With the current set up the bike is the best thing I've ridden in the woods. The suspension was way off in stock trim. The shock was sprung to soft and the forks seem to be valved for a supercross track. Factory connection fixed all that and now the bike is magic... razor sharp handling. The rekluse speaks for itself.. forget the clutch and just focus on the terrain. I love this bike. In case you are wondering.. I'm a 6'3" 215lb A rider.

Edited by KYMXRacer
  • Like 2

awesome thanks guys. any idea what's available in footpegs? I pretty much want the lowest I can get. aside from that does the trail tech vapor stealth work for the 13 rmz 450? I would assume so. I'd like to have that. I have a simple hour meter purchased until I find out for sure. thanks!

aro, keep us posted on your opinions. wheather postive or nagative... not too many people posting up on the rmz section so would be good to hear more thoughts and opinions.

good luck on new bike!

• Like 1

aro, keep us posted on your opinions. wheather postive or nagative... not too many people posting up on the rmz section so would be good to hear more thoughts and opinions.

good luck on new bike!

will do and thank you :) :)

Get your suspension dialed and go ride the hell out of it. Its a great bike right off the showroom floor!

X2...if you didn't get the suspension done right away, it still works great and you'll feel the magic....You really don't have to much of anything to this bike out of the showroom.

• Like 2

X2...if you didn't get the suspension done right away, it still works great and you'll feel the magic....You really don't have to much of anything to this bike out of the showroom.

how exactly do I dial in the suspension for me? I will only be on the trails. I am around 170 pounds before my gear (helmet, boots, pants gloves jersey). usually I weigh a bit more but ice been working a lot more and working out none. I'm going to try the stock renthal bars because I have a feeling they're going to feel pretty good especially with my tusk 30mm riser, but I'd say eventually will be swapping out to cr high bends or pastrana fmx. something high like that. thanks!!

how exactly do I dial in the suspension for me? I will only be on the trails. I am around 170 pounds before my gear (helmet, boots, pants gloves jersey). usually I weigh a bit more but ice been working a lot more and working out none. I'm going to try the stock renthal bars because I have a feeling they're going to feel pretty good especially with my tusk 30mm riser, but I'd say eventually will be swapping out to cr high bends or pastrana fmx. something high like that. thanks!!

Set your sag to 100-105mm, set forks to 5mm from top of clamp to fork cap, take 10cc's of oil out of the forks and go ride it! Should be pretty close.

Set your sag to 100-105mm, set forks to 5mm from top of clamp to fork cap, take 10cc's of oil out of the forks and go ride it! Should be pretty close.

just picked up the bike today! not much time on it, due to time, rain, and when I was riding we had some really nasty cop encounters that were hard to get away from.. lol fun hour or two though. nice wash tomorrow morning with an oil change. hoping my sticker kit and moose skid plate will be here tomorrow. going to go at my forks and suspension maybe tomorrow as well! all and all the stock setup runs almost perfect with me, except I think I'm going to go to 52 rear sprocket. bars need my 30mm tusk risers that I'm installing tomorrow as well! thanks !!
  • Like 1

I have a 2013 with 5 hours on it. Mods so far: Rekluse EXP 2.0 Factory Connection springs/revalve Moose Pro skid plate Cycra pro bend handguards Works Connection radiator braces Works Connection hour meter Maxima stainless steel oil filter Future mods: RM filter cage Ultra duty tubes IMS gas tank With the current set up the bike is the best thing I've ridden in the woods. The suspension was way off in stock trim. The shock was sprung to soft and the forks seem to be valved for a supercross track. Factory connection fixed all that and now the bike is magic... razor sharp handling. The rekluse speaks for itself.. forget the clutch and just focus on the terrain. I love this bike. In case you are wondering.. I'm a 6'3" 215lb A rider.

What spring rates did you end up with.