NEED NEW CYLINDER HEAD, BEST OPTION?

I need a new cylinder head for my 2000 DRZ 400 e model, one of the cam journals has damage, guess it got low on oil at some point and allowed the cam to damage the head, that or the time it was dumped in a huge mudhole and sucked water back into the engine the water never got completely out even after multiple oil changes.

Regardless I need a new cylinder head and just wated to ask if anyone has one for sale or knows the best place to get one if possible besides going through Suzuki. Currently watching eBay, but no cheap options right now, for the cost of what most want for the head I can almost get an engine

thanks

New... TT store, Ronayers, Partszilla

Used Ebay.. ANY year, any model to include Kawasaki KLX400 SR and R and the Suzuki  LTZ400

Look in the for sale ads here, SMJ and ADV rider.

This is a valid INFORMATION thread with a user asking WHERE to get a part.. ALL....please, do not turn it into a want ad or for sale ad and get it shut down..use PM's if you have something for sale...

Thanks.

I actually work at a motorcycle shop and can get anything from TR, PU, WPS and such, but all the aftermarket kits are big bore cylinder kits and not just the head and  I just need the head and cam covers/caps which aren't available aftermarket that I have been able to find.

I can also get one OEM straight from Suzuki, but they are outrageous even at dealer cost.

I'm hoping to find one on eBay for not too much, but so far that hasn't happened so thought I'd see if anyone on here has one or knows of one.

WTB part removed- I checked TT want ads and didn't see anything, also have checked a few other forums, but I will make a point to check SMJ and ADV.

Thanks

Edited by dirtdude723

I actually work at a motorcycle shop and can get anything from TR, PU, WPS and such, but all the aftermarket kits are big bore cylinder kits and not just the head and  I just need the head and cam covers/caps which aren't available aftermarket that I have been able to find.

I can also get one OEM straight from Suzuki, but they are outrageous even at dealer cost.

I'm hoping to find one on eBay for not too much, but so far that hasn't happened so thought I'd see if anyone on here has one or knows of one.

If anyone has cylinder head in good order please let me know and what you will take for it.

Thanks

????

1: BB kits do not come with a head, none, at all... There is no such thing as an aftermarket DRZ head...

2: Who said anything about sourcing a head from TR, PU or WPS?

3: OEM cost at dealer prices are not bad at all.. Having bought two now,, one from Ronayers at slightly marked up dealer cost, and one at actual dealer cost... If you can get the new head at dealer cost.... buy it... there is not a better deal out there.

4: Used will require new valves, seals, springs and locks... and may or may not have been roughly handled or damaged on the gasket side, had the cam caps incorrectly torqued, and or been scored somewhat in normal use..

5: "If anyone has cylinder head in good order please let me know and what you will take for it"   Could have swore I just asked all to not turn this into a want ad or for sale ad.... Last chance.............thanks

​If someone wants to cite a source,,, link to a part, discuses the virtue of used vs new vs machining one from scratch have at it.... NO WANT ADs or FOR SALE ADs in the tech forums. Having just broken my personal rule about moderating in forum.. I did so,, as perhaps it's not universally known we require all for sale and want ads to be placed in the classifieds...  Please no need to comment on it...here, feel free to PM me or another MOD if you have any questions..

this has been a friendly public service announcement..

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep beep...beeep...

this concludes the test of the TT Moderation system... this has only been a test.

• Like 3

"OEM cost at dealer prices are not bad at all.. Having bought two now,, one from Ronayers at slightly marked up dealer cost, and one at actual dealer cost... If you can get the new head at dealer cost.... buy it... there is not a better deal out there."

From the lack of used options on eBay and other listings it looks like OEM will likely be the way I have to go then. Oh well, guess I had to spend some $$$ on my bike at some point, cannot feel too bad, got it a year ago for $1000 and have ridden it regularly since with no problems until this.

Heck I may even just turn it into a winter project and have it bored and make it a 434 or 462 or whatever. I have 2 identical DRZ E models so I don't have to have it to ride and may just take this as an opportunity to do all sorts of stuff to it, may as well

I posted a WTB ad in the classifieds as well just to see if I get any hits

thanks for the help

Edited by dirtdude723

Also try mrcycleparts dot com. Links to every junkyard in the country, you enter what you need and any yard that has it will email you with price and availability then you call them and score. They seem to typically get about half of what it costs new. I have used them for all kinds of bits I have needed for various moto's and never had a problem. Hope this helps.