SM Converted to Offroad , Suspension adjustments?

OK so my SM as been converted to Off road, I'm trying to adjust my suspension but I seem to have a hard time. Can members post there setting to compare the different adjustments between riders who converted there SM.

I'm 200 pounds

1379187391074.jpg

1379187456558.jpg

Ill bump this. I am wondering the same thing. I haven't adjusted my suspension at all. It seems a bit soft for supermoto but seems alright in woods mode. Maybe the previous owner adjusted it already. What sprockets and chain length(s) are you running for each setup?

Ill bump this. I am wondering the same thing. I haven't adjusted my suspension at all. It seems a bit soft for supermoto but seems alright in woods mode. Maybe the previous owner adjusted it already. What sprockets and chain length(s) are you running for each setup?

I use same spec as an S for sprocket and chain.

I use same spec as an S for sprocket and chain.

I have my dirt wheels setup for a 47 tooth rear. I tried a 44 (stock s) but found it way too high sped for anything even slightly technical. Ideally I would like to have another rear dirt wheel setup with a 44 and more street oriented tire. My knobbies are getting worn out quick just on the short ride to work :(

Tonight I tried with very good results. Forks feels solid compare to other setup I tried (soft and bouncy)

Forks compression: -4

Forks Rebound: -6

Shock rebound: +2 from stock

Shock compression (both) is stock settings

Tonight I tried with very good results. Forks feels solid compare to other setup I tried (soft and bouncy)

Forks compression: -4

Forks Rebound: -6

Shock rebound: +2 from stock

It would be helpful to others if you stated those adjustments in clicks out from full IN or HARD.  I'm assuming those are +/- from the factory clicker settings, but which way is + and -?

It would be helpful to others if you stated those adjustments in clicks out from full IN or HARD. I'm assuming those are +/- from the factory clicker settings, but which way is + and -?

REPOST

Forks compression: -4 from full hard

Forks Rebound: -6 from full hard

Shock rebound: +2 from stock setting

Note: - is counter clockwise (Soft)

+ is clockwise (Hard)

You the Man Moose!!

You the Man Moose!!

I assume you tried this setting??

REPOST

Forks compression: -4 from full hard

Forks Rebound: -6 from full hard

Shock rebound: +2 from stock setting

Note: - is counter clockwise (Soft)

+ is clockwise (Hard)

considering that a stock sm shock is much easier to bottom than a stock sm fork  i do not understand how this setup up can work in a balanced way.

i prefer an almost stock shock and a noticeably softer fork (compression 5 clicks from full soft) .

considering that a stock sm shock is much easier to bottom than a stock sm fork i do not understand how this setup up can work in a balanced way.

i prefer an almost stock shock and a noticeably softer fork (compression 5 clicks from full soft) .

What would you suggest for the rear shock to match the front setting that I have??

i would't try to match that fork setting, imho your fork is way overdamped. 

on a sm version i would start from:

fork comp: stock -4clicks

fork rebound: stock

shock rebound: stock + 2 click

shock low speed compression: stock +1

shock high speed compression: stock - 0.5turn

rear sag: 85-90mm

if you bottom out hard (put a zip tie on the fork leg) slowly increase compression (+ 2 clicks ) until you gently bottom the fork only one or two times during a ride.

if necessary repeat the same thing for the rear shock , adding +1click and +1/8 turn at each step

both suspensions should use all the available travel

Edited by 30x26

Ok thanks a lot I will try your settings for sure