Help with new top end...

Hey guys, i have a concern, when i read the manual theres no mentioning on using any type of gasket maker (yamabond) on the head nor the reeds cage , yet when i tore mine down there was grey silicone on the aformentioned parts....

So my question is , is it something i should do or just go with the new orings and clean off the silicone from the reeds cage..

Hey guys, i have a concern, when i read the manual theres no mentioning on using any type of gasket maker (yamabond) on the head nor the reeds cage , yet when i tore mine down there was grey silicone on the aformentioned parts....

So my question is , is it something i should do or just go with the new orings and clean off the silicone from the reeds cage..

Don't put gasket maker on the o -rings in the head. As for the intake you shouldn't need it there either. New gaskets should do the trick unless there are some surface imperfections that worry you.

New to me bike ,is an 02....po must have put the silicon there

Thanks

New to me bike ,is an 02....po must have put the silicon there

Thanks

Anytime i buy a bike i occasionally feel the cyl to see if it's getting to hot. Should be able to keep your hand on it for a couple seconds. If it instantly burns it's too hot. Could be lean because of jetting of air leak.