KTM PowerParts SXS line

i have an sxs pipe on my 125sx

but its not wothy because ktm buys the lisence to use the name of the original maker 

and makes it her self

my pipe is a doma pipe and doma silencer with ktm logo

the thing is that the original doma is cheaper and the same thing

sxs pipes are not so desirable 

i mean the only reason to buy one is if you like to keep everything in the same factory(big deal)

i have an sxs pipe on my 125sx

but its not wothy because ktm buys the lisence to use the name of the original maker

and makes it her self

my pipe is a doma pipe and doma silencer with ktm logo

the thing is that the original doma is cheaper and the same thing

sxs pipes are not so desirable

i mean the only reason to buy one is if you like to keep everything in the same factory(big deal)

Kind of what I was thinking. I'll just stick with tried and true FMF.

buy a pc pipe and be done with it. much better product! good power, better quality 

I already have the KTM FMF pipe installed and just want to know if it is the same as the Fatty or what its supposed to be as the previous owner is the one that put it on there before I received the bike.

• TT Sponsor

I already have the KTM FMF pipe installed and just want to know if it is the same as the Fatty or what its supposed to be as the previous owner is the one that put it on there before I received the bike.

It depends on what bike you have. We offer two style of the KTM Powered by FMF Racing pipes. One is equivalent to a Fatty and the other is the Gnarly. That Fatty comes on all SX models and the Gnarly typically on XC, EXC etc. models. Hope this helps you out. Take care!

It depends on what bike you have. We offer two style of the KTM Powered by FMF Racing pipes. One is equivalent to a Fatty and the other is the Gnarly. That Fatty comes on all SX models and the Gnarly typically on XC, EXC etc. models. Hope this helps you out. Take care!

HI there,

I have the 2013 KTM 250SX and the KTM FMF exhaust on it has the part number SXS11300500. Is that the equivalent to the fatty? Thanks in advance!

Yes that would be a Fatty pipe all the same plating and power characteristics as the Fatty, just stamped with KTM logos.

Thanks a lot for that info Nick! Not sure why some guys above were saying it wasn't the same.

Edited by adamdf

Anytime, that's what I am here for! Take care..

Awesome. And is it possible that you could get me the part number of the Gnarly equivalent? Just so we all on here can end this debate and use it as a reference for future queries? Thanks!

• TT Sponsor

Awesome. And is it possible that you could get me the part number of the Gnarly equivalent? Just so we all on here can end this debate and use it as a reference for future queries? Thanks!

Haha, well for 13' models we only offer it as a Fatty on that bike. The Gnarly is now only being made for the 200 through KTM Hard Parts. All older part numbers are now Inactive, so I do not have a way to go back into the system to get them.

Haha, well for 13' models we only offer it as a Fatty on that bike. The Gnarly is now only being made for the 200 through KTM Hard Parts. All older part numbers are now Inactive, so I do not have a way to go back into the system to get them.

Ok well at least I know the SXS11300500 is the Fatty! Thanks man!

• TT Sponsor

One other thing. Can you confirm that the Shorty silencer is for more top end and the Powercore 2 is for more bottom-mid? I always thought it was the other way round but some on here are saying otherwise?

It actually is the other way around. Shorty is more based for Motocross/Supercross where low to mid range is needed and the Powercore 2 is generally for Motocross and Off-Road riding where gains in the mid to top are needed. It also depends if you have any motor mods done. We sometimes have motor builders use different set ups depending on how they build their motors. If you are just looking at stock, as I said previously is what you are going to get out of each. Hope this helps answer your questions! Take care!

It actually is the other way around. Shorty is more based for Motocross/Supercross where low to mid range is needed and the Powercore 2 is generally for Motocross and Off-Road riding where gains in the mid to top are needed. It also depends if you have any motor mods done. We sometimes have motor builders use different set ups depending on how they build their motors. If you are just looking at stock, as I said previously is what you are going to get out of each. Hope this helps answer your questions! Take care!

Exactly as I always said (for the last 20 years). Shorty for low-mid and Longer silencer for more top. Thought I was going crazy after reading some other posts. Thanks again.