Sign in to follow this  

shifter tip breaks 4 times in a month...

hi,

in the last month i rode my 350f 2014 14 hours.

i broke my shifter tip 2 times and my friend also 2 times (400 2011)

untill now i weld it.

where can i buy a stronger tip? or even the whole shifter but stronger.

in the yamaha i had, the tip was metal not aluminum and it never breaks...

thanks.

Something isn't right here. If you're breaking that many shifter tips I suspect you're going to wind up breaking something else. I very rarely see broken tips except from crashes and if that's the case you'll break Hammerheads too.

I've welded a couple by bending a strap completely around it. That's stronger than anything you can get.

Something isn't right here. If you're breaking that many shifter tips I suspect you're going to wind up breaking something else. I very rarely see broken tips except from crashes and if that's the case you'll break Hammerheads too.

I've welded a couple by bending a strap completely around it. That's stronger than anything you can get.

If its not from crashes I'm sure the shift forks in the tranny are looking prime.

• Like 1

thanks for your wishes.

i ride rocky terrain.

i can't count on both hands how much friends broke their tips around here.

your invited.

thanks for your wishes.

i ride rocky terrain.

i can't count on both hands how much friends broke their tips around here.

your invited.

I live for rocky terrain, one of the reasons I ride trials bikes too. If you're snapping tips off from wrecks then there is no option that's any better than stock. Keep spare tips in your tool kit (yes, they're replaceable).

Where you at? I love riding technical stuff. :banana:  Already my frame rails are flattened on my 500exc and that's with an extra 1/4 aluminum welded to the skid plate.

http://www.bikebonz.com/images/sitebdy/purbdy/shifttip/of_tip.htm