Sign in to follow this  

Texas Riding Still Allowed on Pelican Island?

I'm heading to Galveston in a couple weeks for a hare scramble.  Going to stay in Galveston for a couple days and take a mini-vacation.  I've been searching around the web but see only out-dated posts about this.  The latest posts that I see are a few years old and state that the only place to ride the beach in the Galveston area is Pelican Island.  Is that still the case?  Thanks for any help!

Edited by JFoVStar650

not sure about ohv riding. think you need a plate for any beach now. what race are they having down there? is it at the new place in La Marque?

Yea, La Marque. Being a shipping channel, does that area get patrolled? Sounds like that's the place to ride if you're going to do it.

I think it would be great to have a beach race like they do in France. East beach would be good and I'll bet it would draw a huge turnout/crowd.  Could be a great fund raiser for some civic organization. 

I think it would be great to have a beach race like they do in France. East beach would be good and I'll bet it would draw a huge turnout/crowd.  Could be a great fund raiser for some civic organization. 

Matagorda beach would be great, it's almost 20 miles of uninhabited beach. I just don't think the environmentalist would get on board....