UFO yellow restyled kit-Graphics?Less is More?

I just got my Yellow Restyled kit for my YZ250,along with a front fender for my 450.The 450 has a very awesome and elaborate custom graphics kit from Alex at Stickmangraphx.I'm pondering going REALLY simple for my 250.A simple Yamaha checker on the tank and shrouds,nicely done numberplates,and THAT'S IT!I picked up some black fork protectors and a black seatcover,and I will be buying the Clarke yellow stock capacity gastank for it.Kind of like how a showroom floor bike would look in 1978,but with the new style flair.Then maybe just putting some stickers from the companies I like and use(FMF,Twinair,MotoTassinari,Oneal,etc.)on the fenders and stuff,like we did in the ancient times(the 70's)!Here's a picture of my 450 with the restyled front fender and custom retro graphics kit.Please tell me what you think,and post pictures of your bike if you think it may give me some ideas.

100_1057.JPG

• Like 3

Bike look's great !!! it has a sleek and clean look.I was entertaining the idea of a yellow or black tank/yellow shroud's with graphic's like your's and white fender's.Once I get done with the house (remodel,replace,paint and all that good stuff) I'll be ready for some "ME TIME" and that SEAT TIME on my 13 250.Simple is good and I'm digg'in the other one in the background.What year bike is that ? and the yellow bar pad is priceless.

Edited by Alan48

Hey Alan!Thanks.The bike in the background is my 1977 YZ100D.All original except for the bars and levers,although the levers are those yellow,plastic Sunline models from that era.The barpad is also from that era,and I found it NOS on ebay.It came in the original celophane wrapper with the cardboard top.This is basically my pitbike at the track.Got it for 500 bucks a couple of years ago, and it runs perfectly.I'm sorry to hear about your messed up sense of priorities,but,to each his own I guess.

100_0966.JPG

• Like 4

Lol at priorities,I will be SO Glad when it's finished for sure,it's been a lot of work but coming along well.An old friend of mine had the 100 and it was one of the funnest bike's to ride and had good power,also, seem's like yesterday I was pinning that little bike but actually many year's ago. ? If you need my address to send the yellow Yamaha bar pad I'll gladly give it to you. ?

• Like 2

Hey Alan!I went on ebay to see if I could find that barpad again,but I couldn't find it.The seller actually sent me an email a few months back asking me if I wanted to buy any more of them.I guess he had a stash,and I guess he sold out.Sorry!

Hey Alan!I went on ebay to see if I could find that barpad again,but I couldn't find it.The seller actually sent me an email a few months back asking me if I wanted to buy any more of them.I guess he had a stash,and I guess he sold out.Sorry!

Thank's for trying brother,and please keep me in mind if you ever find another,I've been searching ebay for a good while with no luck.That bar pad would look great on my 81 YZ 2five0.

Thank's for trying brother,and please keep me in mind if you ever find another,I've been searching ebay for a good while with no luck.That bar pad would look great on my 81 YZ 2five0.

found this one ?  ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-vintage-OEM-Yamaha-MX-dirtbike-handlebar-bar-pad-YZ125-YZ250-YZ400-/200962493678?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eca4c4cee&vxp=mtr

Edited by smezmx
  • Like 2

Tempting,oh so VERY tempting,but oh so very expensive.Hmmmmmm.That's a good one and would be suited for my 81 model.Hmmmmm.Good find Mark.