Intake cam

My bike felt really sluggish on the track one day and then died and would not start. I pulled the head off and my intake cam had completely worn a whole in one of the valve buckets and one of the lifters is worn down and squared off. Can anyone help me figure out what happend and why it only happened to one valve? Everything else looks good I have not pulled the valve out yet but I can push it down a little with my thumb. And also the bike has a 270 kit idk if that makes a difference or not. Thanks guys!

1379269247489.jpg

1379269261313.jpg

1379269279131.jpg

Were the valve retainers still locked in, I would assume so? Type of valves, condition, hours, brand, also cams? Judging by the cam it looks like there was good oil flow, was the bucket wet with oil? What clearance was run on the valves + shim size and when was the last check? This interests me so I'm just trying to get all of the info.

One thing that I see is there appears to be wear on the lobe at a point where there should be no contact.

Were the valve retainers still locked in, I would assume so? Type of valves, condition, hours, brand, also cams? Judging by the cam it looks like there was good oil flow, was the bucket wet with oil? What clearance was run on the valves + shim size and when was the last check? This interests me so I'm just trying to get all of the info.

One thing that I see is there appears to be wear on the lobe at a point where there should be no contact.

I'm not sure about the valves because I can't get them out yet till I buy the tool. The clearance was between .0039-.0059 last I checked this was around 5hrs ago but i know it was good when last checked and there was no damage done then either. I can't think of the shim size but ill check tomorrow. It has good oil flow and yes the bucket had oil on it. And ya the lobe was worn down all the way around so there was no clearance. Something went really haywire and I'm stumped by it. I'll give you more info as soon as possible. Thanks!