Sign in to follow this  

07 fuelscrew

Am I crazy, or do I need a small d-shaped socket to remove the stock fuelscrew on my 07 250X?

I was trying to pull the little bronze cover, but not sure it's a cover now that I look closely.  Can't find anything in the manual about the fuelscrew at all.

If so, who would pull such a naughty trick? 

Edited by dukesilver

Never mind.  I got it out with the end of a wiring connector.

For anyone coming along later on - when you get to the odd brass looking thing in the fuelscrew hole - that's actually thefuelscrew.  You can buy a special tool to adjust it (available from Motion Pro or Honda) or you can warm the end of a blue wiring connector/insert over the head/let it cool/rotate it out.

Not my idea - I found it on this forum - but only 1 reference.

I don't know when honda (or Keihin for that matter) started doing it, but it's a raw deal.  Fortunately easily overcome.

I don't know when honda (or Keihin for that matter) started doing it, but it's a raw deal.  Fortunately easily overcome.

It's not Honda or Keihin; it's "non-adjustable" because of emission standards.  That's also why the bikes come jetted so lean from the factory.

Jim.

Edited by JimDettman

If only more government regulation were so easily circumvented with a hot wiring connector....

Dump that thing, Spend $30 and get the R&D flex jet.