need more bottom end

I have a 2003 crf250r and its not the most powerful bike and that's fine with me however if I could get a little more bottom end I would be sooo  happy. lol  before this bike I had a 2001 kx250 and was great for pulling up the front end up when going over logs or other stuff on trails were I ride however the crf I can lug around a lot more and I love that also my son is learning to ride and the crf is great to ride with him on his xr50. my set up right now is a stage 2 hot cam and a lex2 muffler. is there anything I can do to get that faster bottom end while keeping it the way it is now?

The Stage 2 cam is the opposite cam for low-end. Maybe a stage 1 cam or even the CRF250X camshaft, if it'll fit, is better for your needs. The "x" cam with a higher compression piston would boost the low-end tremendously over what you're running now.

Edited by Eddie8v

its a 2004, 2003 the crf250 didnt exist.

the 2004 cam was a very easy cam to ride. try to find a oem 2004-2005 crf250 cam and throw in a 13.5:1 compression piston. That or like he said a crf250 x cam, or hot cams stage 1.

would an exhaust help me? I have a lexx system on it right now.

If the lexx has the removable quiet insert (im sure it does) remove it so there is less restriction it should help (will get louder as well keep that in mind)

What about gearing? 

What about stroker crank. 

What about big bore kit?

hi comp piston, jet the bike properly.  Adjustable leak jet with the Factory R&D unit will make a huge difference vs a bike that is not jetted properly

What about stroker crank. 

What about big bore kit?

hi comp piston, jet the bike properly.  Adjustable leak jet with the Factory R&D unit will make a huge difference vs a bike that is not jetted properly

How about a big bore, hi compression, stroker, with really good jetting?

Mike, the real question is: how much money do you have? 

Edited by mudguy

well ive started with removing the insert and the bike is loud however noticeable improvement. the insert was almost full of carbon, im going to gear it one tooth down in the front and see were its at from there. im going to probably end up buying a fmf factory 4 muffler. I don't want to put too much money into the bike because I think it would be cheaper to buy a 450.

well ive started with removing the insert and the bike is loud however noticeable improvement. the insert was almost full of carbon, im going to gear it one tooth down in the front and see were its at from there. im going to probably end up buying a fmf factory 4 muffler. I don't want to put too much money into the bike because I think it would be cheaper to buy a 450.

I wouldn't, exhaust is the most expensive way to move power around, id start with an X cam like everyone else suggested, and gearing, that will make your bike pull down low better than a new exhaust, and I don't imagine would be as expensive