Sign in to follow this  

Ridden dirt bike once, not much of an idea what bike I should get

Im 6' and 230lbs. I wanted a ttr 225 or 230 but my brother suggest125 two stroke bike. When I rode the dirtbike for the first time it was a ttr230 and I did fine but I dumped it in sand and wet branches. What would be the best bike for me to buy used to learn on and matinence wise. I want to spend 1000-1500 but I dont know what it costs for what I should get.

Edited by AaronNY

Im 6' and 230lbs. I wanted a ttr 225 or 230 but my brother suggest125 two stroke bike. When I rode the dirtbike for the first time it was a ttr230 and I did fine but I dumped it in sand and wet branches. What would be the best bike for me to buy used to learn on and matinence wise. I want to spend 1000-1500 but I dont know what it costs for what I should get.

your a big guy so either a 125 or 250 two stroke. A ttr225 or 230 are comparable to a 80 or 85cc two stroke. There big heavy, underpowered and suspension wise they suck too. I'd get a yz125. Or a yz250. There cheap to maintain and will run.

your a big guy so either a 125 or 250 two stroke. A ttr225 or 230 are comparable to a 80 or 85cc two stroke. There big heavy, underpowered and suspension wise they suck too. I'd get a yz125. Or a yz250. There cheap to maintain and will run.

your a big guy but a 250 2stroke might have a bit to much power for a learner, I'd say the 125 would be heaps good for you

Ttr225 or crf230

Its what I recommend. If you are just learning they are fine.

Don't get a 2stroke race bike to learn on until you get the basics down.

There are some on here that swear by the 230's even afterwards. They are solid bikes.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Ttr225 or crf230

Its what I recommend. If you are just learning they are fine.

Don't get a 2stroke race bike to learn on until you get the basics down.

There are some on here that swear by the 230's even afterwards. They are solid bikes.

+1

Get some experience first , then grab a CR 500 .. But beware ..:cripple:

• Like 2