Should i get this? 1994 cr250

http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcy/4057010444.html

Ok im thinking on using my money I get for my birthday to buy this cr250. What do you guys think? This will be my first 2 stroke dirtbike so ill need some info like what oil to run and at what ratio but I can probably find that with the magic search button. So what is the pros and cons of a 1994 cr is it worth fixing up? It just needs some work on the left crankcase and transmission and needs some gaskets and crankshaft bearings.

thanks for posting the link, I been looking for one too. first cum first served........

:p  just kidding :lol:

I'd keep looking, it might be cheap but you'll dump more than it's worth into it to get it running. You can find an older running 2T for under a grand easily.

EDIT: buy it, part it out and take that money to buy a bike.

Edited by Brandon B

http://eastky.craigslist.org/mcy/4057010444.html

Ok im thinking on using my money I get for my birthday to buy this cr250. What do you guys think? This will be my first 2 stroke dirtbike so ill need some info like what oil to run and at what ratio but I can probably find that with the magic search button. So what is the pros and cons of a 1994 cr is it worth fixing up? It just needs some work on the left crankcase and transmission and needs some gaskets and crankshaft bearings.

To me.....don't get this.. It's a broken bike that  will cost you way more and you don't know if you can even find the parts..It makes more sense to save your money and start at the very least with a bike that runs. If you are going to get an old bike you should get one that's in good running shape that you can get parts for.. Do you have someone to help you with the repair? What did they say?....... How old are you?  How tall? weight?   

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Ok thanks for the comments guys yeah ill probably just find another used 250 2 stroke or get a new 250 4 stroke sometime after my birthday. Ill be 16 on October 25 and im not sure of my weight right now lol but ive have been riding my xr100 for a while and have rode my trx450r for about 3 years now. I am 5 10 or 5 11 ish I think. I have rode a yz250f before so I am tall enough to sit on a 250 lol. Oh yeah I do have a pretty good mechanic who works on my rides.

Edited by tater2597

Unless you have 3000 just burning a hole in your pocket don't buy it

Id buy it just because its a 94 250..Hell for 250$ id let it set in my garage and slowly restore it.

If you part that bike out, you will turn a profit for sure.

I vote for buying that bike, part it out completely, and use that money to buy a newer, already running bike and then go from there.

Unless, you have decided you want a 94 CR250, then you could use that bike as a parts bike and find yourself another better example of a 94 CR250 and build that one.

For 250 dollars I'd buy that and ship it to the uk......it's better than most crap over here :(