Rear suspension acting strange

Hello all, hopefully you guys can help me out. First off i have a 2002 cr250. When unloading my bike to go riding I knew something was off. The bike was sitting a few inches lower. So I sit on it, and its like a rock. No give at all. I think the rear shock might have blown but there is no oil leak anywhere. Could the nitrogen just leaked out over time? The bike seemed normal before i loaded it up. I'm not an expert on the rear shock so Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like something is binding somewhere.  The binding could be due to seized or bent parts. Usually a seized bearing or a bent linkage bolt would cause the symptoms you have.

This seems more shock related than swingarm pivot bearings to me but its hard to tell at this point with limited information.

Lack of nitrogen in the shock will not cause the rear end to become rock hard like you are describing.  A shock that leaks oil will be very soft and bouncy because at that point, its only using the shock spring to control movement.

If there is no debris in the linkage or shock assembly causing the binding, you might want to check all the bearings in the shock linkage first and then go from there.

Hello all, hopefully you guys can help me out. First off i have a 2002 cr250. When unloading my bike to go riding I knew something was off. The bike was sitting a few inches lower. So I sit on it, and its like a rock. No give at all. I think the rear shock might have blown but there is no oil leak anywhere. Could the nitrogen just leaked out over time? The bike seemed normal before i loaded it up. I'm not an expert on the rear shock so Any help is appreciated.

Mine was like that yesterday. Knew it was due for new oil and nitrogen. Servicing mine today and should cure the problem.

The Showa shocks need service and when they do the shock let's you know.