What FCR carb do i have?

Got my bike second hand. Assumed it had a stock Carb, (01 drz400e) but I just was looking at it and I was Under the impression that its a Push Pull throttle cable setup. it looks like the bike used to have that, as its got 2 throttle cables but only 1 hooked to the carb. Mind you the bike runs flawless. Its just got a extra cable hanging next to the one thats hooked up. Carb model # is J022ARIE

Definitely a FCR. Will post a pic soon.

Got my bike second hand. Assumed it had a stock Carb, (01 drz400e) but I just was looking at it and I was Under the impression that its a Push Pull throttle cable setup. it looks like the bike used to have that, as its got 2 throttle cables but only 1 hooked to the carb. Mind you the bike runs flawless. Its just got a extra cable hanging next to the one thats hooked up. Carb model # is J022ARIE

Definitely a FCR. Will post a pic soon.

It's not a problem to only have the pull line connected

Its in the bike. Will pics of it in the bike be enough? i thought the FCRmx slanted forward more than the Regular fcr.

One would assume you have the stock carb.....the stock carb body slants to the rear, from bottom to top....fcrmx is more vertical

Below is a picture of the E model carb from left hand side with coast enrichener intact....

img1924largetx6.jpg

And below is a pic of the stock carb installed with the CE removed (also from left hand side)

DSC02524.jpg

and next is a poor pic of the Fcrmx 

001-12.jpg

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

It's not a problem to only have the pull line connected

One would assume you have the stock carb.....the stock carb body slants to the rear, from bottom to top....fcrmx is more vertical

Below is a picture of the E model carb from left hand side with coast enrichener intact....

img1924largetx6.jpg

And below is a pic of the stock carb installed with the CE removed (also from left hand side)

DSC02524.jpg

and next is a poor pic of the Fcrmx 

[url=http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CraigoDRZ400sm/media/001-12.jpg.html]001-12.jpg

Mine does not say keihin in as big of words as that. nor does it slant backwards. parallel with engine. heres a pic. let me know if you need a better one.

0915131716.jpg

That is a Keihin FCRmx.  Only 1 cable is needed.  And just for the record, a 2 cable system is a pull/pull system.  There is no pushing going on.  A push/pull cable is only 1 cable capable of both pushing and pulling.

Awesome. one thing I never have to upgrade now haha. now just gotta sell my WhiteBro's pipe and fmf header and get myself a MRD SSW pipe.. any way to tell the size of the carb without pulling it? I just had that thing off for cleaning and I don't want to pull it again.

Awesome. one thing I never have to upgrade now haha. now just gotta sell my WhiteBro's pipe and fmf header and get myself a MRD SSW pipe.. any way to tell the size of the carb without pulling it? I just had that thing off for cleaning and I don't want to pull it again.

If it's running good with the exhaust you have now, the jetting will be the same for your SSW/MRD....if they are both corked or open correspondingly... 

You should have inspected needle and jets size while you had it apart...

not to worry, needle can be removed / inspected with the carb installed as with the main jet size...

needle removal from top , main jet from bottom of carb

I would like to see a pic of the RHS if possible....

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a RHS? I know stuff about engines, not carbs.

If it's running good with the exhaust you have now, the jetting will be the same for your SSW/MRD....if they are both corked or open correspondingly... 

You should have inspected needle and jets size while you had it apart...

not to worry, needle can be removed / inspected with the carb installed as with the main jet size...

needle removal from top , main jet from bottom of carb

I would like to see a pic of the RHS if possible....

• 6 months later...