Sign in to follow this  

Go Pro Hero 3 resolution Setting For Helemet Cam?

Hey guys, I just got a gopro hero 3. I've tested it out on 1080pixel and 720 pixel helmet cam. The videos look great while watching on my computer but when I upload to youtube, they are blurry and basically suck? Any advice

Hey guys, I just got a gopro hero 3. I've tested it out on 1080pixel and 720 pixel helmet cam. The videos look great while watching on my computer but when I upload to youtube, they are blurry and basically suck? Any advice

what program are you using to edit you clips.

There is a good chance that whatever the program is, you aren't exporting in HD. Windows Movie Maker did that to me until I downloaded a folder with HD exports. I know Go Pro has an editing program on their website free for everyone. Its nothing fancy but if you're short on cash then it will work.

• Like 1

I hear you.  It is a substantial drop in quality from the computer to youtube, even if you do upload a good hd file, they really compress them down.

I use Adobe premiere Pro and the best settings i have found are:

Shoot 1080 on the go pro 3

Export:

Format H.264

Preset:  HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality

Frame width 1920

Frame Height 1080

frame rate 29.97

Bitrate Encoding = VBR 2 pass

**Target Bitrate (mbps) (8-10)** This is the spot that really determines the quality and size of file (youtube likes about 6, i believe)

Max bitrate 12

Here are a couple of my more recent vids

Let me know how it works for you.

Colby

• Like 1

I hear you. It is a substantial drop in quality from the computer to youtube, even if you do upload a good hd file, they really compress them down.

I use Adobe premiere Pro and the best settings i have found are:

Shoot 1080 on the go pro 3

Export:

Format H.264

Preset: HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality

Frame width 1920

Frame Height 1080

frame rate 29.97

Bitrate Encoding = VBR 2 pass

**Target Bitrate (mbps) (8-10)** This is the spot that really determines the quality and size of file (youtube likes about 6, i believe)

Max bitrate 12

Here are a couple of my more recent vids

Let me know how it works for you.

Colby

Thats pretty good quality ! Mine look about that clear after editing and rendering ...but not once they upload to youtube.