Sign in to follow this  

leaving the track

What's even worse is when you get home all tired and sore and still have unload everything and wash the bike.

• Like 14

What's even worse is when you get home all tired and sore and still have unload everything and wash the bike.

when i get home at like 10 its the worst i have a head light so i ride in the dark a little and loading in the dark than coming home and unloading and then my neighbors call the cops cause i ride it down to my garage like 50 feet o well its all worth it 

when i get home at like 10 its the worst i have a head light so i ride in the dark a little and loading in the dark than coming home and unloading and then my neighbors call the cops cause i ride it down to my garage like 50 feet o well its all worth it

Ahhh Yeh 16, lol

When I was 16, I was always thinking about riding. Got suspended because of this...

Keep your grades up. Riding, believe it or not, will be there later.... lmbo

Edited by ridngslikecrack
  • Like 2

Ahhh Yeh 16, lol

When I was 16, I was always thinking about riding. Got suspended because of this...

Keep your grades up. Riding, believe it or not, will be there later.... lmbo

lol ik im not allowed to ride unless my grades are to par and my homework is finished. we have a riding club at school. living the life right now. 

• Like 3

What's this "loading" and "unloading" thing you speak of? :excuseme:

:smirk:

FILE0859_-L.jpg

The one time I rode my dual sport to a track, the owner kindly told me to make sure I pick up any pieces that fall off, lol.

• Like 4

Ya im finding i like washing my bike less the more i ride it. LOL. I usually dont spit shine it, just get all the built up sheit off, lil film under fenders or here/there, ah well. Just gettin dirty again soon.

Now that I'm an old man compared to the OP (I'm 27), when I'm finished riding all I wanna do is get home ASAP, shower, and relax.  The beer that awaits me in always makes me speed 10 MPH over.

After riding yesterday in the ridiculous TX head and humidity, I had a major headache again.  I did 40 miles in the woods, mixed in there some Last Man Standing type terrain.. and I was spent.  Leaving the riding area always makes me a little pensive, almost nostalgic; then I start planning the next ride in my mind. 

Now that I'm an old man compared to the OP (I'm 27), when I'm finished riding all I wanna do is get home ASAP, shower, and relax.  The beer that awaits me in always makes me speed 10 MPH over.

After riding yesterday in the ridiculous TX head and humidity, I had a major headache again.  I did 40 miles in the woods, mixed in there some Last Man Standing type terrain.. and I was spent.  Leaving the riding area always makes me a little pensive, almost nostalgic; then I start planning the next ride in my mind. 

You are probably not drinking enough water. My time in the military taught me that water is the answer to 90% of problems caused by the heat. If you drink enough water you can walk for 12 hours in 130 degree heat wearing 80 pounds of stuff and not get a headache. Just a friendly suggestion.

EDIT: I was born and raised in Southeast Texas, so I understand the heat and humidity well. You always need to drink more water than you think.

Edited by overgrownmoose

You are probably not drinking enough water. My time in the military taught me that water is the answer to 90% of problems caused by the heat. If you drink enough water you can walk for 12 hours in 130 degree heat wearing 80 pounds of stuff and not get a headache. Just a friendly suggestion.

EDIT: I was born and raised in Southeast Texas, so I understand the heat and humidity well. You always need to drink more water than you think.

I appreciate ya.. my buddy was a Navy Coreman, he explained the effects of hyponatremia and electrolytes. I put supplements in my Camelbak and drink all I can, but since I sweat inordinately, I have found I literally cannot drink as fast as I sweat. I bloat myself til my stomach is about to pop, still thirsty with blasting headache.

Dressed head to toe in a Power Ranger suit is why I can't sustain my riding indefinitely. Wish I could. When heat exhaustion sets in, when my brain is simply too hot, I have to slow down and or stop.

But I got in 40 miles of technical riding, had fun. It's cooling off, riding season is on it's way here!! Riding season is nearly over in say, North Dakota. Haha sux to live there!!

We started riding at 820. We were dun by 1 something, I counted that I drank over 150 oz of fluid. Your stomach can only assimilate max 28 oz per hr, drinking more will start to bloat ur belly. So in 5 hrs I drank about as much as my stomach can take, but I was still dehydrated. I just stopped riding, and immediately sat in my chair at the truck and sipped down another quart of water. On my way home I drank and drank, took my til the house before I had to piss.

And even when I flood my system with water after riding, I always wake up the next morning pissing neon dehydrated urine and I'm deathly thirsty. It's just how I am, gotta deal with it.

We started riding at 820. We were dun by 1 something, I counted that I drank over 150 oz of fluid. Your stomach can only assimilate max 28 oz per hr, drinking more will start to bloat ur belly. So in 5 hrs I drank about as much as my stomach can take, but I was still dehydrated. I just stopped riding, and immediately sat in my chair at the truck and sipped down another quart of water. On my way home I drank and drank, took my til the house before I had to piss.

And even when I flood my system with water after riding, I always wake up the next morning pissing neon dehydrated urine and I'm deathly thirsty. It's just how I am, gotta deal with it.

I don't know how physically fit you are, but increasing your fitness level can always help. Have you ever tried beginning your hydration 1-2 days before a big ride? It's a hassle to be pissing every 30 minutes, but it really does help.

• Like 1

I don't know how physically fit you are, but increasing your fitness level can always help. Have you ever tried beginning your hydration 1-2 days before a big ride? It's a hassle to be pissing every 30 minutes, but it really does help.

I try to stay hydrated as much as possible during the week, like sitting at my desk in 8 hrs I drink minimum 64 oz of water.  I didn't specifically prehydrate this go around, but my experience is that it doesn't make much of a difference when I'm riding in the heat. 

After talking to a few sports medicine doctors, and just through observing how much I sweat compared to even my two extremely fat brother in laws, my conclusion is that I sweat so much I cannot hydrate to keep up unless it's cool outside. 

Also the humidity makes it far worse. I could push myself for hours in the desert of SoCal in 105 degree weather, but I wouldn't be sweating nearly as much because the dry air evaporates the sweat from your body thus cooling you off.  But humidity impedes the evaporation process of the sweat, and your body thinks "OMG it's hot gotta sweat some more."  It does not good though because the moisture is not dissipating into the air like it will in dry weather.

I'm 16 and the only thing I wanna do is ride the mx track... except my bike is in bits   :banghead:

Im the only person in my school that rides...everyone my age is spending their money on iphones etc. and then theres me... spending every cent on bike stuff. 

I guess its just a way of life

Edited by owainyz03
  • Like 1