Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400-SM what should i do next?

hi there, it's my first post on thumbertalk so if i'm not at the good place please guide me.

i have a 2006 DRZ400-SM i got a jet kit full yoshi RS-2 exhaust and the 3x3 mod done with a k&n air filter.

i know some will say just get a bigger bike but i love my DRZ and i just want it to have some more guts to it.

i was thinking of getting a BB kit 434cc to add to the mods already on it but of what ive been seeing everybody is talking about the FCR39 but its pretty pricy i was wondering what would be best for the price?

since my stock carb is already jetted i guess the BB kit would still make a good difference so please tell me what you think and help me with this. and please i don't want to here change bike like i said i love the DRZ and don't want to get rid of it

already have the pipe and i was thinking since my cv carb is already jetted would that be good for the BB? would a see a good difference?

The difference between the FCR and stock carb is night and day. If you're looking to get more power, things like that will limit the potential of other mods, such as a BB.

already have the pipe and i was thinking since my cv carb is already jetted would that be good for the BB? would a see a good difference?

there are about 300 threads about what you're asking, some have dyno graphs n stuff, right here on TT.

truth is, if you're looking for more power, there is -always- something else to do. if you're looking for FUN, put some gas in it and go ride. 

Cheap mod, track down some early (1999 - 2004) E model A (in) and B (ex) cams, second hand DRZ 400E model 39mm FCR carb, E model header, E model CDI, decent muffler and a 434 kit, manual camchain tensioner and remove the auto decomp from the ex cam, track down those bits from a wrecker, easily mid 40s at the rear wheel in terms of power, but as some of the others have said there are tonnes of threads for this. cheers

hi there, it's my first post on thumbertalk so if i'm not at the good place please guide me.

i have a 2006 DRZ400-SM i got a jet kit full yoshi RS-2 exhaust and the 3x3 mod done with a k&n air filter.

i know some will say just get a bigger bike but i love my DRZ and i just want it to have some more guts to it.

i was thinking of getting a BB kit 434cc to add to the mods already on it but of what ive been seeing everybody is talking about the FCR39 but its pretty pricy i was wondering what would be best for the price?

since my stock carb is already jetted i guess the BB kit would still make a good difference so please tell me what you think and help me with this. and please i don't want to here change bike like i said i love the DRZ and don't want to get rid of it

If your due for a rebuild the Big Bore would be the No Brainer option....imo.The Cylinder Works big bore kit is the best value

I would look at the big bore as being the best overall power upgrade, the frc would be a great compliment to BB....

Keep in mind buying a used Fcr is taking a gamble , as many TT members have realized over the years....often found to be in need of repair, they are expensive to rebuild ..

Edited by Craigo 485sm

thanks you guys i want to do both mods with cams eventually and maybe a stroker kit but i want to go 1 at a time so the FCR would give the biggest difference in performance if for now i only do 1 of the 2? and is there any other carb that could do the job that might be cheaper? i dont want to get a used one but a new one i think is way over priced!

550 wouldnt be to bad but im from quebec canada and the new onces i find are pretty much all 650$ and im not sure if that includes shipping

how many kms on your current bore...??

550 wouldnt be to bad but im from quebec canada and the new onces i find are pretty much all 650$ and im not sure if that includes shipping

performance costs....the 39 Fcrmm is the best performance carb for your DRZ..

A bolt on fcr would be the easy way to go....http://www.sisnerosspeedworks.com/ssw-fcr-mx-kit

almost at 20 000 KM so about 12000 miles...

theres no price for the FCR on the link you put.. do you know haw much they sell it for? 

and they say they tune id for what you need but if i put a BB later will i need to retune it?

theres no price for the FCR on the link you put.. do you know haw much they sell it for? 

and they say they tune id for what you need but if i put a BB later will i need to retune it?

Just a slightly smaller main jet for a BB on a correctly set up FCR

• Like 1

Just a slightly smaller main jet for a BB on a correctly set up FCR

+1

For pricing just send an email.....normally around the same money as the TT shop...

At 20,000 kms I would go for big bore.....and refresh the head at the same time

Edited by Craigo 485sm