Sign in to follow this  

12 vs 13/14

Is the latest and greatest from Honda worth $1,500 more than the 12 or no? Thinking about a new bike.

Yes. U can always fix power and suspension. Bad handling from frame geometry is really hard. The 13 feels much different in a positive way.

09-12 took way to much work to be even half as good as a 2008. I havent ridden a 2013 but everyone i know who has one or has ridden one all rave about how amazing it is.

I like my 13 over the 12 I had. It does seem to turn better and now that I have 20 hours on it I've stopped blaming the air forks for every suspension hiccup I've had. I'm an older rider and I just have a lot of confidence on this bike. The 12 was much more vague in the corners but overall a great bike too. 

I have a 12 and rode a 13 a few times.  I agree with the handling complaints of the 12 over the 13 when everything is stock.  but once you set up the suspension the 12 handles great and I am very comfortable on my 12 now.  I also rode a revalved 13 and it did not seem any different then my 12.  the only difference I could see between the two years is when I lifted the 13 off the stand, it felt a little heavier than my 12.

1500 really is not that much of a price difference and personally I might have leaned towards the 13 if it was that close.  I would look at what it would cost you to have suspention work done on a 12 and any other work in comparison to a 13 you might be looking at.

I have a 12 and rode a 13 a few times.  I agree with the handling complaints of the 12 over the 13 when everything is stock.  but once you set up the suspension the 12 handles great and I am very comfortable on my 12 now.  I also rode a revalved 13 and it did not seem any different then my 12.  the only difference I could see between the two years is when I lifted the 13 off the stand, it felt a little heavier than my 12.

1500 really is not that much of a price difference and personally I might have leaned towards the 13 if it was that close.  I would look at what it would cost you to have suspention work done on a 12 and any other work in comparison to a 13 you might be looking at.

I am glad you got your 12 to work. I have owned my 12 for just over a year and I cannot get the bike to handle good. What did you do to get your 12 to handle well? I am just considering buying a 14 but I am going to loose to much money on it. The prices in South Africa is crazy and the 14 still does not have a launch date in South Africa.

I am glad you got your 12 to work. I have owned my 12 for just over a year and I cannot get the bike to handle good. What did you do to get your 12 to handle well? I am just considering buying a 14 but I am going to loose to much money on it. The prices in South Africa is crazy and the 14 still does not have a launch date in South Africa.

i had Pete at Novation suspention set it up for me.  he did a really good job.  the bike's handling was night and day difference.  find a local guy that knows what he is doing and have him set yours up for you.  the key is to vavle the fork so it stays up in its stroke but still be plush enough to handle the chop.