acerbis vs lightspeed glide skid plates?

Ive seen the new acerbis skid plate and i really like the way it mounts up with just the two bolts that are usually used for the case guards.

has anyone got a pic of the lightspeed full coverage glide plate????  how does it mount up??

Bruce, don't have the lightspeed but I have seen it and it looks really nice. The one thing holding me back is the few things I have had from them in the past were very poor fitting, always needed to modify a mounting hole(s). If you get it, let us know though as I could have just had a few bad pieces.

Edited by LSeca

LS's break and can highly unrecomend them. I have one in the garage to prove it, just by taking the bike on and off the stand. What rubbish.

I can suggest one of the plastic ones = not sure who makes it, but it's great.

I have the acerbis. Its pretty tough. Its a solid pan-no holes,it gives great protection,but can collect mud. I use it mostly in rocky dry events then take it off for mud runs. You have to drill hole for drain plug or remove skid plate for oil change. I will lost a pic if you want. It looks kinda like the Honda skid plate-the grey one but its black.

Indeed. I like the looks of my LSpeed plate and the ease of removal. It fits good. It is a bummer though that the glaze comes off where it takes big hits exposing the fibers.:(

I am done with lightspeed products. They don't fit right and if you have an issue they take weeks sometimes months to resolve.

I am done with lightspeed products. They don't fit right and if you have an issue they take weeks sometimes months to resolve.

They didn't stand by their products at all in my case...I've long moved on...

They didn't stand by their products at all in my case...I've long moved on...

I've had that once with them the others took 2 months to resolve. Bottom line being they suck and I would never purchase anything from them again.

Kinda funny as I am reading the replays I remember the plate taking 2 months to reach my distributor. I had forgotten. What's then deal?

Acerbis it is. the light speed looks good on davi's bike, but i am sure they get new one each week.

Acerbis it is. the light speed looks good on davi's bike, but i am sure they get new one each week.

I just got the moose racing pro skid plate (plastic).

Perfect fit and very durable thick plastic material

No complaints

Here's a pic

1379352996763.jpg

1379353112276.jpg

1379353219537.jpg