2010 vs 2011 300XC differences?

I'm in the market for a 300XC. This will be a dedicated Enduro/Harescramble race bike. I have a WR450 for a Trail/Dual Sport bike.

Besides the 6th gear and plastic body work on the 2011 is there a difference between the 2010 and 2011?

Are the Forks/shocks the same?

Frame geometry same?

I see more 2010's available on the market and I like that price point as well. Is the 2012/13 so much better that I should consider buying a new 2013?

Please chime in, I value all opinions and info. I'm also hot for a new bike. Would like to buy this week.

I guess add the 2009 vs 2010 300xc differences too.

By the way, I did a search and to my surprise, didn't see much.

The 2011 got the new frame. While its narrower, I actually prefer the geometry of the 08'-10's. yes it got a 6th gear which is nice. As far as the 12's and beyond...the XCs got linkage out back. Depending on who you talk to they'll say it's better or the same. I prefer no linkage myself hence my 11' 300xc and my new XCW. I just sent my suspension off my new bike (XCW has OC forks and XC has CC forks). Both sets of suspension are tuned by the same guy and so fàr I prefer his race settings on the OC forks compared to his settings on the CC forks for the varied world of desert racing.....I'm actually going to do a little right up on my opinions of the different setups soon. If you need a competent suspension tuner, hit me up and I'll point you in the right direction.

On a different note, a lot of guys say they prefer the closer ratios of theXC tranny compared to the XCW tranny. I for one don't think there's a real applicable difference (for offroad racing) at all...

Thanks Andrew. That was useful.

Definitely like the linkage on my '12 300xc vs the 09 300xcw, and 05 exc  from my past.  the suspension is more controlled and confident in the fast stuff. the newer frame and suspension setup is an upgrade over the 09-10's.

Joe

Thanks for the info. I went Gas Gas with a 2012 XC300.

Maybe next go around.

The 11 is an oddball. They only had it for 1 year. they changed the frame by moving the shock mount off the backbone. of course they added the 6 speed and new plastics then moved to the link in 12. I think, but not sure the new Husa's are using this frame.

Thanks for the info. I went Gas Gas with a 2012 XC300.

Maybe next go around.

I was shocked to read about how heavy that gas gas is in dirt rider a few months ago.  272??? with fuel?

Joe

I was shocked to read about how heavy that gas gas is in dirt rider a few months ago.  272??? with fuel?

Joe

Not as shocked as the OP will be as he watches his frame streach, everything turn oval...

Nothing is shocking. It isn't that heavy. Handled fine for me. I enjoyed the light feeling. I would go weigh it, but the forks and shock are off the bike getting tuned up. I would guess it felt like 245. Lots of add on protection though. I got the bike for $4000 loaded with all the guards etc...I'm not too concerned about the weight or any other quirks. Just going to ride the crap out of it until it bores me, then move on to another bike with a different set of issues.

All steel frames stretch. Name one that hasn't???

My 05 Gas Gas was just fine after close to 6k miles.

Don't get butt hurt bc I went with another brand....geez.

Easy dude... Just jerkin the chain. :)