Drz400e shock on s model?

I wanted to be 100% sure that the DRz E shock will not bolt up to a DRz S. I have an  01 S and I want to respring the shock. I was thinking of buying another shock to respring and build so that i can still ride while I do it.  I found an E shock cheap and was thinking of using it.

All Showa shocks used on all DRZ models interchange physically.. If your buying a used shock,, make sure it has the highspeed compression adjuster.. Make sure the low speed compression and rebound adjusters move and have positive stops.. they are easily monkey fisted past the stops and broken. 

All Showa shocks used on all DRZ models interchange physically.. If your buying a used shock,, make sure it has the highspeed compression adjuster.. Make sure the low speed compression and rebound adjusters move and have positive stops.. they are easily monkey fisted past the stops and broken. 

Good to hear! thanks

Yup, all the same (except for spring rate, S 5.5 & E 5.3) other than SM ones (less travel). Either way find one that has all the available adjustments (rebound, LS comp & HS comp). IIRC any ‘02+ S model has all adjustments and all, but the earliest, E models. The early E models don’t have HS comp adjustment (blue nut), but have all the others.

Edited by bmwpowere36m3