Installing Graphics...

its super easy, if you have a good sense of direction and kind of know what direction the bubbles go..

i did both graphics kits on my bike, its was piece of cake, just make sure you like how they sit with the other graphics,,

i put my shrouds on perfect, then the tank, then they didnt align lol..make sure they look good and align

graphics are really cool, because you can just pull it back up if its off a little,just peel back n lay it down. 

youll notice you can kind of twist them if you need to n stick it down without any notice

EX: peel away 1/3 of entire sticker(on left or right side,expose sticky) and move(apply on,get out bubbles)going the opposite direction,pulling away a little sticky at a time, makes it alot simpler to do this way, so the whole graphic isnt sticking to the plastic at once

its stupid easyi didnt use no help/no soap or water(not saying you shouldnt tho,its upto you),just clean with 85+ proof isoprophyl alcohol,used sun to dry(but thats because i installed in summer it was 110 out.otherwise use blow dryer)

if you got the motor out.. this will be fun, because how dope your bike will look after! GL

Edited by 707LAKE

Did you put them over your other graphics or do i gotta take those off? i might be taking the ones i bought, off one day if i ever plan on selling it. I doubt many people have the same taste as me...

You'll see the outline shape of the old decal if you don't remove it, and not knowing how much coverage you have for the new one, something might peek thru and ruin your new look.... ?

but having said that, I know from my own personal experiences that everyone doesn't have the same tastes..........choices, choices.

I just installed some FX graphics I purchased here at TT. They went on pretty easy. I peeled off all the factory stuff I could, but I left the tank stickers on and just slapped the new ones on over them. It worked just fine. Don't get in a hurry. Pretty much used 707Lake's technique.

• Like 1

You'll see the outline shape of the old decal if you don't remove it, and not knowing how much coverage you have for the new one, something might peek thru and ruin your new look.... ?

but having said that, I know from my own personal experiences that everyone doesn't have the same tastes..........choices, choices.

whats the easiest way to get them off? I dont think i'll care about a line. as long as its covered...

I just installed some FX graphics I purchased here at TT. They went on pretty easy. I peeled off all the factory stuff I could, but I left the tank stickers on and just slapped the new ones on over them. It worked just fine. Don't get in a hurry. Pretty much used 707Lake's technique.

So how about some pics Mate..... ?

whats the easiest way to get them off? I dont think i'll care about a line. as long as its covered...

I bought some cheap acerbis plastics and an IMS tank to put mine on....

BTW..When i sold the bike the new owner didn't want the stock bits, so I still have a brand new stock tank and plastics with barbed wire graphics to sell...which I will get around to advertising soon.....

80060009_DR-Z400SM_SS.jpg

• Like 1

I bought some cheap acerbis plastics and an IMS tank to put mine on....

BTW..When i sold the bike the new owner didn't want the stock bits, so I still have a brand new stock tank and plastics with barbed wire graphics to sell...which I will get around to advertising soon.....

Do you think anyone would actually want those graphics? those are the exact ones i have and im about to cover up. I have plenty of stuff to sell that isnt getting sold. 320mm rotor,  new windshield, case to go on a rear rack. stuff like that...

• Like 1

707Lake has the easiest way, fingernail under the decal, but if you heat them with a hair dryer, or lightly with a heat gun, they will come off even easier. BTW, the ones on the tank WILL NOT come off, they are covered with some sort of factory clear coat.....and that's the shits. I changed the look of my bike completely, for better or worse, but since I didn't want anything on the tank, I had to have the decal sandblasted off, then I powderpainted the tank when it was bare metal.....now it's a satin black and isn't something I have to keep shiney looking.

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 2

Lake707 has the easiest way, fingernail under the decal, but if you heat them with a hair dryer, or lightly with a heat gun, they will come off even easier. BTW, the ones on the tank WILL NOT come off, they are covered with some sort of factory clear coat.....and that's the shits. I changed the look of my bike completely, for better or worse, but since I didn't want anything on the tank, I had to have the decal sandblasted off, then I powderpainted the tank when it was bare metal.....now it's a satin black and isn't something I have to keep shiney looking.

theres a guy out here that has his off somehow. his bike is an 09 and its all black. i used to have a bike and had that tank powdercoated  satin black. that does look a lot nicer. It didnt get fingerprints 2 seconds after i cleaned it...

• Like 1

Lake707 has the easiest way, fingernail under the decal, but if you heat them with a hair dryer, or lightly with a heat gun, they will come off even easier. BTW, the ones on the tank WILL NOT come off, they are covered with some sort of factory clear coat.....and that's the shits. I changed the look of my bike completely, for better or worse, but since I didn't want anything on the tank, I had to have the decal sandblasted off, then I powderpainted the tank when it was bare metal.....now it's a satin black and isn't something I have to keep shiney looking.

Yeah even just putting the plastics in the sun will make decal removal easier....

One look at the stock tank decals and realized theywere going nowhere .....

I just went the easier path with the new tank, I was surprised how well the AMR decals stuck to the plastic tank...

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 1

theres a guy out here that has his off somehow. his bike is an 09 and its all black. i used to have a bike and had that tank powdercoated  satin black. that does look a lot nicer. It didnt get fingerprints 2 seconds after i cleaned it...

a quick shot of plain..............

434Graphics002_zps0d84c81b.jpg

• Like 3