Sign in to follow this  

Throttle free play adjustment ?

2009 450 xcf

There are no adjusters near the throttle to adjust the throttle free play. As I sit now, I have excessive throttle play. Is taking the and off the only way to adjust them? Is there an aftermarket cable kit that does have adjusters ?

2009 450 xcf

There are no adjusters near the throttle to adjust the throttle free play. As I sit now, I have excessive throttle play. Is taking the and off the only way to adjust them? Is there an aftermarket cable kit that does have adjusters ?

'

At your carb.    Pull your tank and you will see two adjustment barrels at the carbeurator.

Yeah I see that looks to be the only place to adjust it, unliked nearly all Jap. bikes and my 690E, which have additional adjusters at the throttle. 

So....my second question still stands: does anyone make a throttle cable that has adjusters at the throttle? 

Yeah I see that looks to be the only place to adjust it, unliked nearly all Jap. bikes and my 690E, which have additional adjusters at the throttle. 

So....my second question still stands: does anyone make a throttle cable that has adjusters at the throttle? 

Haven't seen one myself.    Why not just run a H/Y/K/S throttle?   A cable is a cable, I can't beleive it would be any different.   Yeah, the length might be different, but I wonder if too much different...

You'd probably would have to actually run a different throttle itself then, but again - bars are all the same diameter at the grips/throttle - why woulnd't it fit?

i use the cables of the kxf 250 and this will fit . they goes forward the handlebar between the forklegs . the only thing you have to change is makking the inner cable frelude,s for the throtlle tube a little smaller.